Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB Thread

imacubsfan

So the Rangers signed Berkman. He will not make up for the offense that they lost in Josh Hamilton. It is a start, however.

JB172

I am really interested to see what kind of vote totals that Bonds, Clemens, etc.. get on Wed.

I think that Biggio gets in and maybe Morris and/or Raines.

imacubsfan

I am really interested to see what kind of vote totals that Bonds, Clemens, etc.. get on Wed.

I think that Biggio gets in and maybe Morris and/or Raines.

If Biggio doesn't get in, that would be appaling. 3,000 is quite the accomplishment and someone who is able to accumulate 3,000 hits should be a first-ballot HOFer

JB172

If Biggio doesn't get in, that would be appaling. 3,000 is quite the accomplishment and someone who is able to accumulate 3,000 hits should be a first-ballot HOFer

With all those other guys not going to get votes, I would be surprised if Biggio doesn't get in.

buckeyecarriefan

Justin Verlander tweeted a picture of him and his dog in Lakeland and now I'm pumped. 37 days til pitchers and catchers report!

thaifood

Well after all, it's a new season, so we needed a new thread.

I know the upcoming Hall Of Fame Vote is full of suspected PED users. I know some of them will get into the hall, some won't. Some may make it after a few years. But one of them that never seems to get mentioned is Rafael Palmiero. I mean just look at the stats this guy built during his career. If any of the others make it, then surely he should as well.

JB172

Well after all, it's a new season, so we needed a new thread.

I know the upcoming Hall Of Fame Vote is full of suspected PED users. I know some of them will get into the hall, some won't. Some may make it after a few years. But one of them that never seems to get mentioned is Rafael Palmiero. I mean just look at the stats this guy built during his career. If any of the others make it, then surely he should as well.

I totally agree that numbers wise he should without question make it if the rest of those guys get in at some point, but I wonder if his actual testing postive after sitting in front of congress and giving the speech he did about he never used will do him in when it comes to getting in even with the assumption that there are a lot of other guys who were using.

I don't know if guys like Bonds, Clemens, etc.. ever get in, I would be really surprised if any of them got in in the next five + years, that is why I am really interested to see what kind of vote % that they get.

imacubsfan

I totally agree that numbers wise he should without question make it if the rest of those guys get in at some point, but I wonder if his actual testing postive after sitting in front of congress and giving the speech he did about he never used will do him in when it comes to getting in even with the assumption that there are a lot of other guys who were using.

I don't know if guys like Bonds, Clemens, etc.. ever get in, I would be really surprised if any of them got in in the next five + years, that is why I am really interested to see what kind of vote % that they get.

At least one suspected PED user is going to get less than 5% of the vote, and they will rightfully never be on the writer's ballot again

imacubsfan

I went to a store today and saw an Anthony Rizzo jersey for $100. Knowing that it costs $210 through Cubs.com, I couldn't resist...

buckeyecarriefan

I love seeing Alan Trammell's name brought up more and more. I know he's a questionable case, but to me if Ozzie Smith and Barry Larkin are in(and both deserve to be in, don't get me wrong), then Trammell is a slam dunk as well. The thing that hurt him most? He lost out on a lot of All-Star games/Gold Gloves because of the mix of playing in Detroit and in the shadow of Cal Ripken in the AL. But it doesn't change the fact that he's on of the best pre 1990s offensive shortstops of all time, and his defense was very good as well.

I could see him not getting in from the writers since he's running out of time, but I'm optimistic with his growing support that the Veteran's committee will put him in once he's eligible there. If there's any justice, they'll put Lou Whitaker in as well, in the same class. They're easily the most underrated double play combo of all time, and after playing together for 19 years it would be perfect to see them go into the Hall together someday.

JB172

I love seeing Alan Trammell's name brought up more and more. I know he's a questionable case, but to me if Ozzie Smith and Barry Larkin are in(and both deserve to be in, don't get me wrong), then Trammell is a slam dunk as well. The thing that hurt him most? He lost out on a lot of All-Star games/Gold Gloves because of the mix of playing in Detroit and in the shadow of Cal Ripken in the AL. But it doesn't change the fact that he's on of the best pre 1990s offensive shortstops of all time, and his defense was very good as well.

I could see him not getting in from the writers since he's running out of time, but I'm optimistic with his growing support that the Veteran's committee will put him in once he's eligible there. If there's any justice, they'll put Lou Whitaker in as well, in the same class. They're easily the most underrated double play combo of all time, and after playing together for 19 years it would be perfect to see them go into the Hall together someday.

I am a little surprised that Tram hasn't got closer than he has, I have a feeling that nobody is going to get in tomorrow, Biggio should but I don't think that enough voters think that he is a 1st ballot guy.

thaifood

Washington & Adam LaRoche finally agreed on a two year contract with an option year for both parties. Now, they'll probably move Morse for more pitching.

imacubsfan

If Harold Reynolds would shut his mouth on MLBN, I don't think anyone would complain. He has no idea what he is talking about.

imacubsfan

Maddux and Glavine appear on the ballot for the first time next year. The question is, who will join those two in the Hall of Fame in 2014?