Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

movie screening shooting

reret007

I am watching the news about 12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado.

It is sad when you cannot go to see a movie in America.

carebear4eva

Terrible news...Hope the families recover from the shock :'(

On a complete tangent, let me say that I am all for gun control -_-

JB172

I couldn't believe that when I seen the story on the news this morning.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

Carrie Country

This is only about an hour from where I live. A little to close to home. I'm tired of Colorado making the national news for horrible tragedy's and negative stories. First the Waldo Canyon fire just minutes from me. Now this. People are already scared to come here now. Were already losing tourists because of the fire!!!

Carrie&Taylor

They don't need gun control. They need bullet control. Every bullet should cost $5,000. That way they'll think twice about shooting - Chris Rock

epicamends

It is truly a scary, scary world. My thoughts & prayers are with the victims and their families. Nobody should ever have to go through something like this.

Carrie Country

They don't need gun control. They need bullet control. Every bullet should cost $5,000. That way they'll think twice about shooting - Chris Rock

And the tea party wackjobs think Americans need to carry guns. NOT!!!!!!!!!!! we need gun control and NOW!!!! to keep guns out of the hands of maniacs like this who shoot innocent people that went to see a movie! STUPID PEOPLE PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

liz278

My thoughts and prayers go out to the familiies. That blog by Jessica Redfield about her time in Toronto when she had a bad feeling and left the food court and there was that shooting in the Eaton Center. How sad that she escaped that shooting and gets killed in this shooting.

Just make sure that you love your family and tell them so every day. Give them hugs and just love them!

carebear4eva

My thoughts and prayers go out to the familiies. That blog by Jessica Redfield about her time in Toronto when she had a bad feeling and left the food court and there was that shooting in the Eaton Center. How sad that she escaped that shooting and gets killed in this shooting.

Just make sure that you love your family and tell them so every day. Give them hugs and just love them!

Wise, wise, WISE words indeed!

JB172

I read that during my lunch hour earlier and that is just eerie.

pklongbeach

We as a society train our youth that ultra-violence is a real thing.
Therefore, it is.
There have always been cooko birds.
But there have not always been so many examples set before us to act out in an extreme way.
Until we stop glorifing it, it won't stop.

Carrie Country

Jessica Redfield was actually an intern last year in the sports department at a news station I watch. The news anchors were very emotional this morning talking about her being they knew her personally!!!

carrieidol1

Why? The fact is that 12 people would not have died if you had gun control. I think it's completely pertinent.

Haven't you heard!? We're not allowed to have any discussions about the most pressing social issues in the "Current Events" thread! [Sarcasm]

In all seriousness, my heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones. No one should ever have to go through something like this. When you go to see a movie, you never think twice about making it out, but now we all will. I pray that the victims all made it to a better place, and that their families and friends find peace and happiness throughout the rest of their time here on Earth. God bless these people, and may God have mercy on the suspect's soul.

Cathie Wynkoop

People kill people. Simple as that. Guns, knives, baseball bats, pipe bombs, rocks.....makes no difference. These are just the tools to carry out an end.

When all is said and done, people kill people.

If someone in that theater had carried a concealed weapon on them, the shooter might have been shot and that might have prevented a lot people from being killed and wounded. There are many arguments for and against guns. But if someone wants to kill someone, they will find the means to do it. ANY means.

Outlaw guns, and only outlaws will have guns.