Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My dad had a mild heart attack :'( on December 26th

countryfan2006

Hello Everyone, My dad had a heart attack on the 26th of December and he was having chest pains so he asked my brother Jeff to take him to the hospital here in Galion and I didn't know about it until after i woke up around 1:30 am in the morning when my mom sent me a message to come down so she tell me what was happening and i was concerned when i ask my mom "What Happened" then that is when she told me that dad had to be taked to the hospital because of Chest pains (he wasn't feeling good all day) i was very concerned about my daddy and i told my mom that i had a feeling that it was a heart attack and couple hours later My brother Jeff called from the hospital to tell my mom that they were moving him to Marion Hospital where he had surgery to see of the veins around his heart was ok there was some veins that were not ok but they did a surgery to unblock those veins but they couldn't get one of them so he had to take medicine to help that and today he is now on couple treatments to help his heart out Heart medicine for his heart and Blood pressure medicine and today around supper time he was release to come home and i was relieved to see him walk thru the back door I said this "Hi Daddy and i also said "How are you feeling?" i was so happy to see my dad ok because this was scary to see but good news my dad was ok and will be ok :)...

cassie2

Staff member
Gosh, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep him and your family in my prayers. I know you must be so happy to have him home again!

Cathie Wynkoop

I am sorry your family had to go through that, but I am happy knowing your Dad is OK!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

rainbow1

I'm so sorry, Countryfan. It seems that your dad is on the road to recovery, and I know that makes you very happy!! Prayers for you and your family.

DizzyDollyDee

Yes, that is a very good sign that they let him come home and now that they know he has heart issues they will be watching him closely and have him make any changes necessary to keep him going strong. Sometimes these little episodes are wonderful warning for us. You'll have to all help him and support him and whatever changes are necessary - food, exercise, etc. Keep us posted!

countryfan2006

Before all of this happened i had a great christmas I got for christmas is 4 1000 pic puzzles, i got 5 dvd's (one of them is Soul surfer in blu-ray/regular dvd) and i also got wireless blu-ray dvd player which it play's everything and now to my dad is going to have to called his doctors on monday to set up appointments so they can make sure he is 100% ok and getting better and tonight when i was talking to him for couple hours (We watched Star Wars, then we watched some of The Patriot for about 1 hour or two of the movie in the middle of the movie I said this "I love You Daddy" and i hug him and i also said that I care about him and i don't want nothing bad happen to him and he agreed on that... :)

Ann055

Before all of this happened i had a great christmas I got for christmas is 4 1000 pic puzzles, i got 5 dvd's (one of them is Soul surfer in blu-ray/regular dvd) and i also got wireless blu-ray dvd player which it play's everything and now to my dad is going to have to called his doctors on monday to set up appointments so they can make sure he is 100% ok and getting better and tonight when i was talking to him for couple hours (We watched Star Wars, then we watched some of The Patriot for about 1 hour or two of the movie in the middle of the movie I said this "I love You Daddy" and i hug him and i also said that I care about him and i don't want nothing bad happen to him and he agreed on that... :)

I just saw this thread...I'm so very sorry for you and your Daddy and your family...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Daddy and your family! I'm so happy your Daddy is home and you had a great Christmas and now have some movies to watch with him. My mother went through something similar about 10 years ago (she's in her early 70's now) and my Mom and Dad have been married for 57 1/2 years. My Dad was freaked when he called me. So, I know how it feels to get that call. Just remember always...the medical field is so very experienced with these kind of problems and they do absolutely amazing work. My Mom has been just fine ever since the problem was first diagnosed and she had her surgery.

Just know...you have many, many friends here at Carrie Fans and you can PM me anytime you want to talk or others who you have become friends with. I consider us a family and I know we all do, so don't EVER feel like you have no one to talk to...I'm always here for you and anyone you feel comfortable with here will be as well!

Stay strong, but don't keep everything inside...continue to keep us updated and talk to anyone here you feel comfortable with.

Have a blessed evening (or early morning, I guess),

~Ann

CorayyMac

I'm just now seeing this thread. I am so sorry. I live with my grandparents and I know how scary health issues can be.

Keeping your family in my prayers! <3

jbrown

I'm just now seeing this thread. I am so sorry. I live with my grandparents and I know how scary health issues can be.

Keeping your family in my prayers! <3

I am also just seeing this thread now, so glad to know that your dad is fine. The best thing was he went for help when he needed to. He had blocked arteries and probably some stents were put in. Hope he will continue to recover well and I'm sure he will because he has a good family around for support. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.