Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Grandma Passed Away....

carrietakethewheel

I know I've posted countless threads about my grandma, but alas.....

My grandma passed away yesterday. My mom called me telling me that grandma was dying, but when we got to the nursing home, she had passed on to Heaven. It was quite a shock. I will miss her so much; she always loved spoiling me when I was little. Well, actually, she loved spoiling me all this time. I will always remember the good times we had together; especially when I was a little girl.

I can't believe she's gone, though. I'm just glad that she doesn't have to suffer anymore, and she's now in a better place. I love you, grandma. :heart:

The very last thing she did for me was a few days before, she opened up her eyes and greeted, "Hi, sweetie!" :(

Any prayers, thoughts, etc would be great. :huggy:

~Ashley

JB172

Ashley,
I am very sorry to hear that your Grandma has passed.

As you posted you will always have the memories of the great times that you had, knowing that she isn't in pain anymore and is in a far better place.

Thoughts and prayers.

cassie2

Staff member
Ashley,
I am very sorry to learn of your loss of your beloved Grandma. I know how special she was to you.
Please remember always that:
Those we love remain with us
For love itself lives on,
And cherished memories never fade
Because a loved one's gone.
Those we love can never be
More than a thought apart,
For as long as there is memory,
They'll live on in the heart.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God's love and peace be with you at this difficult time.

Ace

Ashley......so sorry to hear this very sad news...this wonderful grandma will always be in your heart....

Nana you are special
Your love knows no bounds
A room takes special warmth whenever you’re around
You think I’m cute and talented and maybe even wise
But I know that's why all grandparents see though loving eyes
Every day with you is precious
I’m so grateful for the time
Of all the grandparents in the world
I’m thankful that you're mine

nanna05

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Grandmothers are so special but she will always be in your life through your memories of her and how she influenced your life.

Suellen

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma, and you will always cherish the time you had with her.

supercarriefan

Ashley, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma.
Keep those precious happy memories in your mind because they will help carry you through this tough time. I'll be praying for you and your family.

oldyfan

Ashley, I am so saddened to hear about the loss of the your Grandmother. As a Grandmother of a beautiful 18 year old Granddaughter I cannot fully express how much I know you meant to her. She built many memories with you that you will always have. Take care of you, that is what we Grandma's want most for our Grandchildren.

Carrieflattsfan

Ashley,

I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your Grandma. I can tell just by reading your post how special she was/is to you.
The bond will never be broken, and you will always have the good memories.
She will always be with you, in your heart and watching over you.
Praying for you and your family. <3

Cps235

I am so sorry to hear about your loss Ashley. The love and bond you had with your grandma is unbreakable. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

m.chill99

I'm so sorry to hear that, she's in a better place now, remember that. She'll never actually leave you, she'll always be there in your heart. <3

carrietakethewheel

Thanks for the condolences, everyone. :huggy: Much appreciated. There's going to be a funeral service on Wednesday where we're at currently, then one in Indiana (where me, grandma, grandpa, and mom are from) a few weeks after that. It's going to be rough....

AIgrl06

I'm so sorry, to hear this Ashley. I know you and your grandma were really close. Just know that I've got you and your family in my thoughts. Everything will be OK.

:heart:

Farawayhills

So sorry to hear this. I've been through this, and I know the wrench it causes. I know your visits to her in those last weeks will have been a real and precious comfort to her. When my own mother passed away last year, she wasn't conscious at the end, but a little before that, she was really helped by our visits and closeness to her. Her last words to me were to look after her sister.
Thinking about her, as you always will, will sometimes make you happy, and sometimes make you sad - but the real blessing is knowing that all those memories are precious and helped to make both of your lives what they were.
God rest her soul, and bless your family.