Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My little dog

Farawayhills

Some of you may have seen the picture of Kori, the little white spitz in my Twitter avatar.

Now nearly 15, her heart and airways are giving out. As she is otherwise still quite perky, she's spending the weekend at the vets while they do tests to see if her condition can be made stable and safely managed with medication.

I'd be grateful if anyone could spare a small prayer that she can recover.

Gator

Prayers to your sweet little baby (and you)! It must be a difficult time for you two. ��

Farawayhills

I'm very grateful for all the prayers and good wishes. It really helped me at a sad time.

Unfortunately, Kori's time had come. I said goodbye to her today. The vets had managed to help her breathing, which was not getting enough oxygen to her heart, but there were many underlying problems, and, although she was peaceful, her condition was beyond further intensive treatment. which would only have made her distressed.

I shall certainly miss her, but she had a very happy life, and will leave so many good memories.

liz278

So sorry to hear that :-( It is a sad thing to lose one's pet. I still think of my dog occasionally and it always brings a smile.

pklongbeach

Awwww, farawayhills, I am so sorry for your loss.

The best thing we can do for the animals of this planet is to assist in a long and happy life.
I know that is what you honored your baby with.
Be assured that she was blessed and happy with the life that you provided for her. It is a kind soul indeed that can see the joy and rewards that come from caring for an animal.

The suffering of an animal is so cruel and sad. She was blessed that you knew and understood what she needed was relief.
15 is a wonderful long life.

Congrats and and we look forward to the celebration of life party!!

oldyfan

I'm very grateful for all the prayers and good wishes. It really helped me at a sad time.

Unfortunately, Kori's time had come. I said goodbye to her today. The vets had managed to help her breathing, which was not getting enough oxygen to her heart, but there were many underlying problems, and, although she was peaceful, her condition was beyond further intensive treatment. which would only have made her distressed.

I shall certainly miss her, but she had a very happy life, and will leave so many good memories.

i am so sorry to hear a beloved member of your life is gone. The love of dogs is unconditional...and it was so kind of you to recognize when it was getting too hard for her. It is so hard to let them go...

epicamends

I am so sorry to hear about Kori. It is never easy losing a pet, as they become a part of your family. I am happy that she is no longer suffering, but I know you will miss her. Just know you that you gave her an amazing life.

Thinking of you!

JB172

I am sorry to hear that, but you did the right thing, from personal experience I know that is a horribly awful thing to have to do even though you know you are making the right choice.