Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nashville/Louisville review w /Pictures

maddkat

Staff member
not many people review shows here huh? lol
this is the one I posted on the FC

Let's see...
both shows rocked - check
Carrie is/was amazing - check
the stage production out does it self - check ( although it is best seen from the front as one the sides some of the effect is lost , from the front it is definitely awesome in the extreme.
the kiss unexpected but so much fun - check
Brad's surprise brought down the house - check
Hunter Hayes and Carrie have great chemistry - check
Hunter is a dynamo - check
I want to go to every BA show - check

Carrie ....really are there words to describe what an entertainer she is? Extraordinary? Magical? I can never come up with the right ones that truly convey what I want to say.

I will say what I've said before - videos do not do her justice.She must be seen in the flesh to really know how dynamic and alive she is on stage.How she commands that stage and your attention every second she's there.

Particulars....
I love the arc of the first act...love it!! It's my favorite of the concert.From the girl being warned against this man ( GG) to the regret (UI), the breakdown of the relationship ( Wasted ) .to the lament (ITYS , to his death ( TBC). Just a marvelous set of songs. And Carrie delivers them with the fierceness they deserve.

second act is slower and more thoughtful...opening with a blasting LN that had the crowd screaming from the first note.It was fun seeing Carrie doing AAG again without being tied to the mic stand ,TH was beautiful as was JTTW ( always) and CC rocked and came with a shoulder roll ,always loved those. In Nashville the oh,ohs must be on a track and it didn't start,there was a moments hestition and then the band just went for it!Had I not seen the show in Louisville the night before I wouldn't have noticed.

act 3...flying....this is so cool and Carrie has a blast on this stage.The crowd equally loved her being up there.As it spun around sections would wave( they were already standing ) and cheer as Carrie waved back ( kind of like being at a sporting event,lol )
In Nashville she went right over our heads as she was heading out and she bent down and waved to everyone, too cute.As was her wearing Mike's jersey.
One Way Ticket is a party-a-thon! Everyone was waving their hands in the air those two nights.Another little Nashville snafu - the confetti never came down.Didn't dampen anyones party though.

additional note to anyone sitting in the middle section close to the stage...on Carrie's return trip on the flying stage while singing OWT do not forget to look up.Great view.
smile.png

act 4...totally rocking set...from start to finish.Carrie and Hunter play off each other so well,plus I just love LLA.Carrie loves singing it sooooo much!SE....WOW....she is a rockstar.No question. If you watch video of it pay attention towards the end...Carrie brings out a new vocal trick with those woooo wooos.I had never once heard her sound like that.I wasn't sure it was even her in Louisville but in Nashville...no question.They sound so cool.
RM in Nashville - awwwww Brad coming out, Carrie bursting into tears, Brad telling her not to cry....magical moment and I'm so glad I was there to see it.The crowd was hysterical.
Cupid is fun and I love seeing the band intros.And of course BHC is BHC...everyone loves to sing it.Carrie then as she had all night disappeared ,this time under the floor.Only to reappear a few minutes later for the encore.

IKYW- never gets old,it will always be a vocal masterpiece and Carrie sang it different both nights - adding a few runs in Louisville.I love that song.
BA - one of the great moments and probably the best special effects moment as the tornado keeps approaching on the screens as Carrie sings and builds the song till it actually appears on stage behind her. So amazing!! ( a piece of tornado debris landed on my arm in Nash., cool huh,lol)
as Carrie says her goodbyes reality sets in that its over.But what a concert.I'll never forget it as we where walking out I over heard someone on the concourse in Louisville " That was awesome".Pretty much sums it up.

Carrie was more chatty in Nashville - talking about Mike & Bridgestone, the songwriters being there and her being one of them ( she owns this now.In 2010 she thank them for letting her be a part of their world), about Nashville being her hometown now and how great it is and how she loves living there.Other stuff my brain doesn't remember.
If you go make sure and watch the videos between acts, I love the GIG/FY one of the silhouette Carrie growing up ( Penny included) and the last one of all those gorgeous pics of Carrie - wow!

Bottom line - if there's a better tour/better singer/better entertainer out there right now I would be shocked. The Blown Away Tour is everything you would want and expect from a superstar.
Pics from Nashville- https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...92458&type =1
I'll get Lou. pic up sometime today
Please don't repost w/o credit

img8849g.jpg

img8903dj.jpg

199850_491602720858063_442795050_n.jp

img9054y.jpg

img9099y.jpg

img9158x.jpg

Last edited:

Smokyiiis

Excellent review! How exciting to be able to see TWO shows and make the comparisons. Heck! I'd probably never have even remembered the first after I witnessed the second! I also don't know what kind of camera you use, but WOW, wonderful pictures!!!!! Thanks was not enough!

jbrown

Thanks for the review! I cannot wait to see her for myself in December!

I second to that, thanks to the review. I will see her in 9 days with 4 of my friends who have not watched or see Carrie live yet. They are just newly converts by me. One of them said to me the other day,she wanted to watch my reactions of this concert bec. she knows I am an obsessed Carrie fan. But they did not know that I want to see their reactions after the concert because I know they will be blown away. This will be fun and my friends are in for a big surprise. Your review made me more excited and also for my friends. I cant wait to see their faces when it's all over. cant wait.

glenn7

Awesome review and Pic.'s Best concert ever and to share with a great Carrie fan like you from 3rd row center stage was to die for. I agree the SE wooo!! wooo!! at the end was amazing, the girl just simply can do it all. Brad showing up and the tears of appreciation & joy from Carrie's heart was the icing on the cake. Thanks D. for a priceless 'ONE WAY TICKET " to the most amazing nite ever!!!

maddkat

Staff member
Originally Posted by Smokyiiis
Excellent review! How exciting to be able to see TWO shows and make the comparisons. Heck! I'd probably never have even remembered the first after I witnessed the second! I also don't know what kind of camera you use, but WOW, wonderful pictures!!!!! Thanks was not enough!
I had never had the opportunity to go to two shows back to back before and it was great,tiring but great!
Thank you ,I use a canon sx110.

Originally Posted by jbrown
I second to that, thanks to the review. I will see her in 9 days with 4 of my friends who have not watched or see Carrie live yet. They are just newly converts by me. One of them said to me the other day,she wanted to watch my reactions of this concert bec. she knows I am an obsessed Carrie fan. But they did not know that I want to see their reactions after the concert because I know they will be blown away. This will be fun and my friends are in for a big surprise. Your review made me more excited and also for my friends. I cant wait to see their faces when it's all over. cant wait.
I can't wait to hear what they have to say. I took a few newbies to the PO tour and they were,gonna say it, blown away!
I was telling a friend on Saturday some people are drug to the concert and they sit or just stand and stare ,but before they know it they're toe tapping, then clapping along and by BHC they're singing.lol You can't help yourself.

The guy next to me in Louisville( who was there with his daughters) turned to me as he was walking out ,and we hadn't spoken the whole show, and said "she was great!!" She was.

Originally Posted by Glenn7
Awesome review and Pic.'s Best concert ever and to share with a great Carrie fan like you from 3rd row center stage was to die for. I agree the SE wooo!! wooo!! at the end was amazing, the girl just simply can do it all. Brad showing up and the tears of appreciation & joy from Carrie's heart was the icing on the cake. Thanks D. for a priceless 'ONE WAY TICKET " to the most amazing nite ever!!!
Glenn it's always great getting to share Carrie moments with you and Nashville was a special one!We had a blast huh?

Last edited:

rainbow1

Thank you Donna! I just love hearing you tell about it....and thanks for putting it on CF too! Maybe it will start something!!

Ann055

Thank you Donna for your review and the AMAZING pictures! I can't wait until Nov. 21 when I get to see the show! It looks like it is absolutely amazing! Kudos to you for being able to go to back to back shows!

jaylee50

Maddkat/Donna, thanks so much for your incredible review and awesome photos. I saw the concert in Prov. with a friend who had never been to a Carrie concert. She was stunned, and I swear tongue-tied. She could not find the words she wanted to adequately express the experience she had. She tells me, she had to be dreaming this because no concert to ever be that awesome. You described your experiences very well, and such great photos.

opry051008

What a great review! Thanks Donna! I especially love your check.. list. lol!

Sadly, I'm not able to get into the pics link.

We're not getting too many CFer's reviews but the ones we are getting are being posted in the Concert threads. So thanks for getting the ball rolling. :)

maddkat

Staff member
thanks for your lovely comments everyone :)

What a great review! Thanks Donna! I especially love your check.. list. lol!

Sadly, I'm not able to get into the pics link.

We're not getting too many CFer's reviews but the ones we are getting are being posted in the Concert threads. So thanks for getting the ball rolling. :)

sorry Opry , here's a link to the Nashville pics on photobucket
Nashville 2012 pictures by maddkat4 - Photobucket

Also uploaded TBC and "The Kiss" from Louisville to youtube

Carrie Underwood gives Chace his first kiss in Louisville - YouTube

Gator

D~ I just finished reading your great review and viewing your amazing pics and videos! Awesome job, once again! Thank you so much for sharing!! :) :) :)

opry051008

Thanks for the link Donna.

All I can say about your pics is WOW! They are stunning. If you need money to go to more Carrie concerts you could sell them to Getty, imo, they're that good.

Thanks so much!

teesharky

Awesome review! I was wondering why no one is posting reviews anymore. lol I guess people are getting lazy. lol

I will post a review in December when I go even though everyone will know the entire show by then. lol I will just have to be creative. lol

Your pictures are amazing.

I am so glad she blew everyone away in both Kentucky and Nashville, as that is the heart of Dixieland. No matter what the snotty voters do next year, she proved she is a true EOTY on Sunday.