Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Some Guidance!

thunder92

Hello Everyone,
I have never really gotten too personal on this site before (that just isnt me) but I could really use everyones advice/help. Last year, my grandma was diagnosed with gall blatter cancer. She went through everything and it was gone. It came back a few weeks ago and now has spread. The doctors are going to try and do what they can to help, but they were tossing around "only a year, maybe two to live." I usually hide my emotions very well but I just cant. I am most definitely a grandmas boy. She has helped take care of me my whole life and is my second mother. I even lived with her for a couple years. Just seeing her in the hospital makes me sick. I cannot stand to see her like this. She means a lot to me and the thought of seeing her go is killing me. I dont know what to do. I lost my other grandmother to cancer (but I was only 2). And I dont want it to happen again. Please keep us in your thoughts/prayers.

Thanks a lot!,

Joe

liz278

Wow, you are going through a lot right now. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Ann055

So sorry to hear that Joe! You, your grandma and your family are in my prayers. I know it's so very hard, but spend as much time with her as you can...talk about happy things and since she's like your second mom, I'm sure there are so many. Illness is no fun and having to see someone you love so much with an illness is so difficult. Try to keep good thoughts when you are with her. Your smile will mean so much to her. Make sure you have someone to talk to as well away from the hospital. You can always talk to me or anyone here you feel comfortable with. We will all be thinking and praying for all of you! Take care of yourself...

robinannhunt

Thanks for sharing joe. If there is anything else we can do for you ask. As you get older more and more of your friends and relatives pass away. All I can say is the grieving process takes time but we all must go on with our lives. Good luck to your grandma. She sounds like a figher to me.

thunder92

^thanks everyone. She is a fighter. Thats the hardest part right now. She seems so helpless laying there in the hospital bed. She is usually the most independent person in our family and now she is the most dependent. It all happened so fast and she lost her mother (my great-grandmother) last week.

Lstname89

My Grandma was a HUGE figure in my life.. I lost her back in '99. When I was a little kid we didn't have the money for daycare. and she took care of me during the day while my mom worked and went to school. When she passed I felt like I lost a parent. I know she is with me all the time! I will pray for you and your family!!! I know what its like, and I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. Just remain positive and don't let her see you down!! Smile and hold her hand. Remind her you love her very much!

oldyfan

Joe, I am so sorry your family is going through such pain. I understand how close you are to your Grandma, you are so blessed to have a wonderful relationship. As a grandmother I am here if you need support.

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care of you, Debbie

Suellen

Joe, sorry to hear that your grandma is not well and I will keep her and your family in my prayers. Spend as much time as you can with your grandma and that will help you get through this.

thunder92

Hey everyone, I thought Id give an update. My Nana (grandma) had a slight heart attack last week and was put in the hospital. She is now at home in hospice and the doctor gave her a couple months to live.
That is hard enough but something she said today almost killed me...

I was talking about Carrie coming to Chicago in December and she said "Oh I would love to go"

I told her it would be a lot of fun. She really doesnt know whats going on with her and its hard to watch.
I love her so much. She is everything to me.

robinannhunt

Hey everyone, I thought Id give an update. My Nana (grandma) had a slight heart attack last week and was put in the hospital. She is now at home in hospice and the doctor gave her a couple months to live.
That is hard enough but something she said today almost killed me...

I was talking about Carrie coming to Chicago in December and she said "Oh I would love to go"

I told her it would be a lot of fun. She really doesnt know whats going on with her and its hard to watch.
I love her so much. She is everything to me.

I know it is hard. I have lost my grandparents and parents. I can tell you that life goes on but the memories stay. I am doing some digital conversion of old pictures for the family. My great,great gandmother (and I am a grandmother) lived to 110 years old. I ran accross her picture outside the log house in PA. I never met her but I have been to that house in PA during the annual reunion. Those were good memories that will never go away.