Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New reba album!

rcramer

I agree totally...... Back to those old days when I would play her music religiously....... I cant wait for the CD........

Farawayhills

It's interesting that several of the songs that have been posted so far have their origins quite a few years ago. It looks as if Reba has decided to bring to the fore songs that meant something special to her, but which she hadn't had occasion to use before - and, in that sense, this album may be quite personal, and a "labour of love". Some of them take her closer to her roots, and may, perhaps, be something of a statement, not simply falling into line with current trends.

That certainly seems to be the case with the two Reba co-writes. As rcramer said, "No U in Oklahoma" is in traditional Western Swing style. Reba says that Donna McSpadden brought the idea to her years ago, though she's only now recording it. Both co-writers have Oklahoma connections. I think the McSpadden family, who seem to be long tine friends of Reba's, were related to Will Rogers, and have been prominent in Oklahoma politics. Although Ronnie Dunn is a Texan, his early career was based in Tulsa, where this song would fit so well)

"In His Mind" was co-written with Liz Hengber, who has been a big presence in Reba's career - her previous song hits for Reba include And Still, Forever Love, Its Your Call, & For My Broken Heart. Again, this draws on a tradition, in female torch singing, that Reba's been very successful with in the past.

There'll certainly be a lot of nostalgia here for her many fans - and respect from her peers - but it remains to be seen how far the radio programmers, and the tastes they concentrate on meeting, will react. (That, though, may not be her primary concern!)

FanSince04

I love Reba. My mother always listened to Reba during my childhood and adores her; in fact, my love for country began at a young age listening to Reba classics such as: Fancy, TNTLWOIG, Is There Life Out There, You Life, Does He Love You, TGMIEK, IRRAWY, and the list continues. I adore Reba and will always support her, but I am MOST excited about this album because it reminds of her older albums.

Btw... In His Mind is so reminiscent instrumentally of You Lie (the two are almost identical starting out).

rcramer

^^^ Reba is the one that got me to like Country..... My girlfriend then before she was my wife, played her in her car (when on dates) and every time I was in it, her voice and songs just wowed me.......

And I am not a big fan of traditional country, nor buy that style of music, but something about Reba's just always captivated me..... She knows how to pick great music.... One of the best when it comes to picking great story telling songs.....

rcramer

^^^ really good... I love it...... Reba went deep with this CD for sure..... I love the reference to Tammy, which much of her music dealt with pain, divorce and loneliness etc.... Awesome song....

adam1995

She really is not messing around with this album! Not one single disappointment yet!

Also, not what I was expecting when I saw the title of this song.

adam1995

I would love it if she were able to pull in a Grammy nomination for this album. CMA and ACM is a long shot, because very few current women can even get there, I'd assume a Female Vocalist nomination, but not much more.

Last edited:

rcramer

So good to hear the music that takes me back to the day when Reba was the Queen...... Her music never gets old for me...... I love this CD so far...... Will be a great listener this spring and summer in the car with the sunroof open..... haha..

adam1995

Here's a new one!

Apparently, (according to those over on Pulse,) this will be the first single.

Last edited:

adam1995

"Freedom" debuted at #52 on the airplay chart for Billboard! Quite a remarkable feat for a 64 (on the 28th) year old women in country music.

adam1995

[video]https://www.npr.org/2019/03/28/706864229/first-listen-reba-mcentire-stronger-than-the-truth[/video]

NPR's got it!

Album of the year so far!

rcramer

^^^ I so agree. Reba really did this one proud.....

And You Never Gave Up On Me, and Cactus In A Coffee Can.. wow, just tear your heart out....

adam1995

"Cactus in a Coffee Can" is Reba at her best. She is the all time best story song singer in country history, and that song lets her shine.

Just so many great songs on this album.