Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK Fan

C13X

Hello everyone, I'm Chloe, 23 from London & I'm a huge huge huge Carrie fan and have been since around the Play On era.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in concert for the first time on Saturday at The O2 for Country to Country! And am most looking forward to seeing Church Bells, Undo It and Before He Cheats Live.

liz278

Welcome to CF! And I am so glad you get to see Carrie on Saturday. You will have to tell us all about the concert and your experience!

Ann055

Welcome to CF Chloe! Can't wait to hear all about your experience seeing Carrie live! Have fun!

Farawayhills

Hello everyone, I'm Chloe, 23 from London & I'm a huge huge huge Carrie fan and have been since around the Play On era.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in concert for the first time on Saturday at The O2 for Country to Country! And am most looking forward to seeing Church Bells, Undo It and Before He Cheats Live.

Welcome, Chloe - her UK base is really growing, and I'm so glad you are able to see her live at the O2.

I would agree that those three songs are likely to be highlights. "Before He Cheats" was one of the songs that really made people take notice, and one of the group that really could be said to mark something of a turning point into a new era. I still think it's one of her songs likely to have the biggest long-term impact, and to be remembered as a classic.
"Undo It" is sometimes rather under-rated, but it's usually a crowd pleaser, that draws the audience and the artist together, with a chance to sing back to her. I feel it's important in Carrie's genre spanning stylistic image - it has an underlying rock vibe, with Pop influence in the Uh-Uhs and nah-nahs - but it's also a song in which she is careful to include Country elements in the build up and instrumentation. (This is something she makes a point of in many of her songs - but sadly gets relatively little credit for from reviewers)
"Church Bells" is one of the standouts on the new album - and also one that really fits the "Storyteller" description, in the way it builds up the background and uses the threefold recurrence of the bells episode. I think it would be a mistake if they don't release this to radio at some stage.

C13X

Thank you for the welcome everyone, Saturday was amazing wish I could relive it all over again!

ramb

Welcome Chloe!
Being a non-US fan, I can tell you people is great here.

Hope you enjoyed the concert!