Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News From MusicRow Regarding Carrie's Promotional Team

cassie2

Staff member
Nice comments about Renee Bell, she was part of Carrie's Promo Team. I'm sure Carrie will miss her.

Guest Editorial: Hazel Salutes Renee Bell:

I am humbly proud that I introduced Joe Galante to Renee Bell. They became the most successful A&R team in Nashville. Renee was the first and only female Executive Vice President of A&R—thanks to Galante, who always gave women their due. She was employed at the label, originally RCA, now Sony, in excess of 15 years.

But no longer.

Source: Guest Editorial: Hazel Smith Salutes Renee Bell : MusicRow

Another article introducing the new Promo Team for Arista. Hopefully, they will do great things for Our Carrie!!

Arista Nashville is announcing a reworked promotion team in time for next week’s Country Radio Seminar.

The label has promoted Lesly Tyson to Vice President, Promotion, and John Sigler to National Director, Promotion.

Joining the department effective Mon., Feb. 28 is Ryan Dokke, who will serve as Manager, Regional Promotion. Based in the label’s Nashville headquarters, Dokke arrives at Arista Nashville with more than a decade of experience in country radio, most recently as Asst. Program Director, Music Director, and on-air personality for WKKT-FM in Charlotte, NC.

The promotions of Tyson and Sigler were revealed as part of a larger company-wide restructuring earlier this month. Sony Music Nashville Sr. VP, Promotion Skip Bishop announced the promotion of Tyson, who in turn named Sigler to her previous role.

Tyson first came to the Sony family in 2004. Sigler joined Arista Nashville in 2007.

Source:Arista Promo Team Aligns Under Tyson, Sigler; Hires Dokke : MusicRow

hjj

No wonder Carrie has been left in breeze w/ the turmoil her whole promotion team being let go. Hopefully they will figure out the gem they have in Carrie and promote her like she warrants.

TOPDOG1001

Dokke worked in the Charlotte market. He was a pretty good DJ, a big Miranda fan. But we shall see what happens...

abbeyjones18

I know change isn't easy...I've gone through a ton a of change in the past few months personally (moving on from high school to college), and I get why some are "worried" (or at least acting like it) about Carrie and the future...I honestly think this might be a good change...I know that I'm not worried...it's sad to see people go, but people move on...I'm sure that Carrie will be fine... :)

abbeyjones18

Dokke worked in the Charlotte market. He was a pretty good DJ, a big Miranda fan. But we shall see what happens...

In my opinion, I think that all of the DJs all around have their favorites...if I was a DJ, my favorite would be Carrie (of course, lol)...and I wouldn't mind letting everyone know, lol! :)

abbeyjones18

I think it's silly, in my opinion, to think that just because he's a Miranda fan doesn't mean that he won't support Carrie...

cassie2

Staff member
Come on guys, change is the most constant thing in our lives. Let's have a wait and see mindset. More than likely the changes that have taken place helps explain the quiet period that we are experiencing. Actually, Carrie needed to take a break, her tour ended like on the 22nd of Dec!!! She more than earned a little down time don't you think?

Spring is right around the corner and that is always a signal of "new beginnings", let's give the new Promo Team a chance to work their magic!!!! I believe they will!

hjj

Well he is an Arista promoter at least that is what I gather so he should be supported of the people under that label. Hopefully he will have pull and push her in the Sony Nashville umbrella when appropriate.

Jade_kt

I'm taking the I'll believe it when I see it approach. Hoping we will see good things for Carrie for 2011.

hjj

Well, it would be a nice surprise for this new team would release a single for Carrie and that is what they were waiting on for the change to occur. Come on WCIS or Quitter, LOL.

nccountrygal

Well, it would be a nice surprise for this new team would release a single for Carrie and that is what they were waiting on for the change to occur. Come on WCIS or Quitter, LOL.

Yeah I agree. Does anyone know where Renee went? I will have to say I am little skeptical about the new people and I really miss Joe Galante. We will see what happens. It appears to me that Joe Galante actually respected the women artists and since Carrie sells better than anyone else currently on Sony one still has to wonder what the heck is going on at her label with all the EOTY snubs and no more singles being released from PO. I am really trying not to be too skeptical about all of this but I guess we will have to see what happens with the new promotional team. I am just ready for some new Carrie music!

robinannhunt

Here is a new article from allaccess:

The expected move of UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP Chairman DOUG MORRIS to SONY MUSIC reportedly has been pushed back to later this year. BRITAIN's TELEGRAPH writes, "Following weeks of intense negotiations between UNIVERSAL and SONY, the 72 year-old will have to wait until the second half of this year before he can take up his new post. He had wanted to join SONY in APRIL. This will leave SONY MUSIC without a leader for at least three months. ROLF SCHMIDT HOLTZ, SONY MUSIC's current chief executive, sees his contract come to an end on MARCH 31."

Is this only in the UK?

allamericangirl8

Come on guys, change is the most constant thing in our lives. . .
Spring is right around the corner and that is always a signal of "new beginnings", let's give the new Promo Team a chance to work their magic!!!! I believe they will!

I've been less than thrilled with Carrie's promo team from the get-go, so it can only go up. :D

Last edited:

abbeyjones18

Here is a new article from allaccess:

The expected move of UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP Chairman DOUG MORRIS to SONY MUSIC reportedly has been pushed back to later this year. BRITAIN's TELEGRAPH writes, "Following weeks of intense negotiations between UNIVERSAL and SONY, the 72 year-old will have to wait until the second half of this year before he can take up his new post. He had wanted to join SONY in APRIL. This will leave SONY MUSIC without a leader for at least three months. ROLF SCHMIDT HOLTZ, SONY MUSIC's current chief executive, sees his contract come to an end on MARCH 31."

Is this only in the UK?

Thanks for the info...I have no idea! But, I guess that some Carrie fans will speculate even more now (which I see as complaining...which is a little annoying, in my opinion...just saying...)...but, I have no idea, Robin...I guess we are going to wait and see...I still think that Carrie WILL BE FINE!!! :D:eek::):p:eek::)

DizzyDollyDee

I agree "Carrie will be fine" and I think we all pretty much agree with that. Our complaint is how long will the "ignorning" of her and her career and songs go on? When will she be given the recognition she deserves and new music be available again?