Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News From MusicRow Regarding Carrie's Promotional Team

allamericangirl8

Thanks for the info...I have no idea! But, I guess that some Carrie fans will speculate even more now (which I see as complaining...which is a little annoying, in my opinion...just saying...)...but, I have no idea, Robin...I guess we are going to wait and see...I still think that Carrie WILL BE FINE!!! :D:eek::):p:eek::)

No offense, but if our (very justifiable) speculation bothers you so much that you attack us on every single thread, just don't come on here until Brad and Carrie's duet is released and the speculation has slowed.

abbeyjones18

Sorry...I was just stating my opinion...anyway, getting back to that mini-article (on All Access), it probably just affects the UK, especially since I've have never heard of the guy that they are talking about...lol. By the way, I like how Carrie and her team work together...it doesn't seem like they get into any "label battles" like some artists get into to...they seem like they compromise...I think that they listen to Carrie, because she is so against remixing her music, and it doesn't seem like they push her to do that...I will give them credit for not remixing, when could've easily done so, in my opinion...I also don't think that they are against crossing over, because I think that remisxing and crossing over are two didfferent things/issues...

allamericangirl8

You can state your opinion as long a we can without getting lectured. :p Mutuality FTW.

That said, I agree with your post. I truly appreciate that the label no longer seems to push Carrie into the removing realm. I respect them for that.

cassie2

Staff member
Not sure where to post this question, but this thread seems as good as any. lol

With Miranda reportedly being under the weather and having to cancel her trip to Australia for the beginning of the tour on March 4th with Alan Jackson, does anyone think that since Alan is no longer with Sony that may have been a factor?

JB172

Come on guys, change is the most constant thing in our lives. Let's have a wait and see mindset. More than likely the changes that have taken place helps explain the quiet period that we are experiencing. Actually, Carrie needed to take a break, her tour ended like on the 22nd of Dec!!! She more than earned a little down time don't you think?

Spring is right around the corner and that is always a signal of "new beginnings", let's give the new Promo Team a chance to work their magic!!!! I believe they will!

Thank you, Cassie.

abbeyjones18

With Miranda reportedly being under the weather and having to cancel her trip to Australia for the beginning of the tour on March 4th with Alan Jackson, does anyone think that since Alan is no longer with Sony that may have been a factor?

Good question...I honestly don't know...was the tour planned before Alan left the label or after?? I think it was before, but I don't remember, lol...

DaisyTweets

That's a very good question, Cathy. I know when I saw the news of the cancellation, I immediately thought something else was up. I'm wondering if someone advised her that this week with CRS being held might not be a good time to be out of the country. Just think of all the campaigning Miranda can do this week at CRS!!!!!

I checked the agenda and it doesn't seem that Sony is having the party on the boat like they've had for the past several years. It seems they are having something in a different location. Guess when you get a new label president, everything seems to be out with the old and in with the new!

It will be interesting to see if Miranda shows up at an event Blake is headlining this week or will she show up at the Opry on Friday & Saturday nights?????

ETA: Just saw Country Aircheck and Sony is having the event on the boat. It's gonna be hosted by Gwyneth Paltrow. Man are they pimping her or what?????? Anyway we'll have to watch twitter on Thursday night to see if Carrie performs. Mike is out of town on a long road trip so hopefully Carrie will be on the boat!!!! Oh maybe Brad & Carrie will do the duet?????

Last edited:

teesharky

No wonder Carrie has been left in breeze w/ the turmoil her whole promotion team being let go. Hopefully they will figure out the gem they have in Carrie and promote her like she warrants.

I am not happy with these changes at all. The old team had Carrie's interests at heart, and fought for her. This new team is totally blowing off Carrie to promote Miranda, and so far, they haven't done squat for Carrie that I can see.

For 2 months, there has not been a single peep from these people about Carrie's future album plans, what is going on with the new single, and what is happening with her career in general. They are not voting for Carrie at award shows, and all their votes are going to Miranda.

I am seriously worried for Carrie's future while she stays on this label.

teesharky

Dokke worked in the Charlotte market. He was a pretty good DJ, a big Miranda fan. But we shall see what happens...

oh that is just GREAT. Another person on the label who is a big Miranda fan, who won't fight for Carrie.

I am becoming disgusted with what is going on here. Carrie needs to leave this label. I am sorry, but that is how I feel.

JB172

The grass is not always greener on the other side when it comes to changing labels, changing labels can lead to a lot more problems than if an artist just stays where they are.

carriecountrystar

oh that is just GREAT. Another person on the label who is a big Miranda fan, who won't fight for Carrie.

I am becoming disgusted with what is going on here. Carrie needs to leave this label. I am sorry, but that is how I feel.

it shouldn't be about how big of a fan a person is of an artist. it should be THEM doing their JOB. give people what they deserve, not pushing people to get where their favorites can get by doing so.