Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicki Minaj Nears an $8 million deal; Keith Urban close to a $3 to $4 million deal

gaycarebear

Well, it looks like both Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban will be joining American Idol next season! I'm actually pretty excited about this. So the panel, so far, will be Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban. THR is reporting, saying that Randy Jackson will still be involved w/ the show but he could still be a judge. The producers are looking for a 4th judge to replace him right now.

American Idol: Nicki Minaj Nearing an $8 Million Deal; Keith Urban is Close to $3 to $4 Million Deal for Judging Spot | Jason the Gleek

pklongbeach

That just feels like a really odd grouping. I just don't know what these people have in common.
I guess we shall see.
Just weird.

liz278

I might give Idol a chance this year because I really do like Keith. I like Keith a whole lot more than Blake! I got real tired of the Voice's judges. So if I am going to watch a talent competition I will watch Idol.

pklongbeach

Does it matter? They have music in common. For The Voice, what do Xtina and Blake have in common? lol
I'm speaking of chemestry.
I like Keith, but I don't see him having a strong enough personality to hold up agaisnt these other two.
and I do feel like the other two have such strong "Diva" personalitites, they are not going to work "together" all that well.
we shall see,

DaisyTweets

Does it matter? They have music in common. For The Voice, what do Xtina and Blake have in common? lol
It matters because rightly or wrongly, these shows have become as much about the judges as they have about finding a diamond in the rough singing star and entertainer. If the judging panel is a train wreck, I'm afraid that will drag the show down!

If this is the judging panel, I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether I'll be watching or not. Hopefully there's strong shows opposite Idol so it will make my decision easier.

hjj

I don't get the contracts how they know what they are worth for the entertainment value.

Mirasa45A

Why does Keith Urban get half of Nicki ? For me, Keith is more of a superstar than Nicki.

Can Keith file a sex discrimination claim ? :D:D:D

bs63093

Keith has a decade of success while minaj has 3 -___- yet she is being paid more cuz she is pop and hot currently?? Idkk how keith can accept this preference

gaycarebear

It matters because rightly or wrongly, these shows have become as much about the judges as they have about finding a diamond in the rough singing star and entertainer. If the judging panel is a train wreck, I'm afraid that will drag the show down!

If this is the judging panel, I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether I'll be watching or not. Hopefully there's strong shows opposite Idol so it will make my decision easier.

It still doesn't matter. It gives different perspective. Would you rather have the whole panel be the same kind of person or artist? That'd be boring. Just saying.

I'm an Idol loyalist. I'll stick by the show as long as it's on. I don't care who's judging.

I, for one, am so excited for this new panel. I'm glad they got someone like Nicki, because she's super current and a real performer. Plus, she's super cray, so she'll add alot of flavor to the panel.

teesharky

Keith deserves SO MUCH better then that. I guess that must be why Brad Paisley did not bite. (assuming the rumors were true-- he is clearly not in the running anymore).

Why should Nikki get more then Keith when Keith is a major star and Nikki is just starting out? I don't get it.

Why do pop stars get treated so much better then country stars? ugh. I hate that. It is like they are saying country stars are second class citizens.

bs63093

its not that, I knwo its the biggest platform for promo but its kind of like they are putting on value on you as an artist, putting a value on your whole career. Because its logic that you are gonna pay more money to someone whos gonna provide you more sales or views like a professiona, Im gonna pay them based on their career not cause one is young and hot. Its not fair no matter what way you put it and the fact that his wife is an ACADEMY AWARD WINNER Alist Nicole Kidman(well thats a bonus). Minaj shoud be the one being paid the least, sure she has a big mouth but does not have the experience needed no matter what peope say cuz there are MMMMMAAAANNNYYY other direct stars with the career. and people forget that they should watch idol cause of the CONTESTANTS not the judges

JB172

Keith deserves SO MUCH better then that. I guess that must be why Brad Paisley did not bite. (assuming the rumors were true-- he is clearly not in the running anymore).

Why should Nikki get more then Keith when Keith is a major star and Nikki is just starting out? I don't get it.

Why do pop stars get treated so much better then country stars? ugh. I hate that. It is like they are saying country stars are second class citizens.

I am pretty sure that Keith isn't going to be forced at gun point to sign the contract, so I don't even come close to seeing your point about the country star being treated as a 2nd class citizen.

If Keith doesn't like that he is going to get that much less all he has to do is not sign the contract.

hjj

Keith music is such if it is known you would think be very accepted by most people so the exposure might open his music to a whole new audience so it is a win win for him. I would have thought he would be making more than Nicki tho.

supercarriefan

As I've said before, I will believe all these rumors about the judging panel once Fox confirms it themselves.

If Keith is doing the show, I think that's great. I really like Keith. He seems dedicated to making good music, and seems to take it seriously.
I'm not so excited about Nicki, but it is what it is.
If Randy is sticking with the show, I hope it is in a different role. I think he has really given all he has to give as a judge, and they would be better off replacing him with someone that will offer relevant criticism. However, I think he would make a great mentor to the contestants.

I will still watch Idol because I watch for the contestants, not the judges.

epicamends

Not excited about Nicki or Mariah, but I'm really looking forward to Keith. IMO he deserves waaayyyy more than $3 million, though. But I think he will be a great judge. Mariah may be too, I don't dislike her I'm just kind of "meh" about her. Not looking forward to Nicki at all.