Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Nov 13 2016] Memphis, TN - FedEx Forum

countryfan2006

rachel rooney ‏@rachelrooney13 1h1 hour ago shoutout to you @carrieunderwood for an amazing night. you slay just as much in person. #flawless #TheStorytellerTour

CxM9MWuWIAA1GN-.jpg

twaintrain

There were a couple of funny moments last night. Whenever she came up on the jukebox to sing "Cowboy Casanova," with the old school mic, I thought 'I can barely hear her," and then she turned her mic around around. Lol Then during "Smoke Break" she sang the 'light it up' part on the first chorus. She noticed and gave a big smile like 'oops!' She sounded awesome.

It was odd, they had one of the sides completely blocked off. They didn't have the seats rolled out. I'm assuming they had it planned that way from the beginning, but when I saw her in Little Rock nothing was blocked off. The upper level seats at that end were available though.

maddkat

Staff member
There were a couple of funny moments last night. Whenever she came up on the jukebox to sing "Cowboy Casanova," with the old school mic, I thought 'I can barely hear her," and then she turned her mic around around. Lol Then during "Smoke Break" she sang the 'light it up' part on the first chorus. She noticed and gave a big smile like 'oops!' She sounded awesome.

It was odd, they had one of the sides completely blocked off. They didn't have the seats rolled out. I'm assuming they had it planned that way from the beginning, but when I saw her in Little Rock nothing was blocked off. The upper level seats at that end were available though.
thats strange,from the pictures it doesn't look like one whole side is blocked off.

like this one

CxMktebVIAAYcir.jpg

twaintrain

One of the end sections, the lower level seats were not rolled out. There were people in the upper level though. They had a bunch of equipment there instead.

thaifood

I don't ever see anyone say just how brilliant Blown Away is as a live performance. That song just kind of envelopes you. It is like a steamroller, it takes no prisoners. Great show last night.

maddkat

Staff member
One of the end sections, the lower level seats were not rolled out. There were people in the upper level though. They had a bunch of equipment there instead.
Oh,the three shows I've been to thats been the set up.Thats where they erect the tunnel for Carrie and the band to use to get under the stage & exit it.

twaintrain

Oh,the three shows I've been to thats been the set up.Thats where they erect the tunnel for Carrie and the band to use to get under the stage & exit it.

Oh okay, I could swear it was not that way at the last show I went to but I could be wrong.

twaintrain

I don't ever see anyone say just how brilliant Blown Away is as a live performance. That song just kind of envelopes you. It is like a steamroller, it takes no prisoners. Great show last night.

It's a toss up for me between BA and SITW as to which is my favorite Carrie song of all-time. Those, plus CCA and IWALY were my stand outs for the live show.

teesharky

Was it a good sized crowd though? So glad you got to go!

QUOTE=twaintrain;4724263]

See how there are no people on the floor to the left. That whole area was blocked off.[/QUOTE]

teesharky

Our only hope is the tweens have school this week and some schools won't let them use phones.

I multi task at work all day so I can still get votes in.

twaintrain

See how there are no people on the floor to the left. That whole area was blocked off.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it was a sellout or not but I could not see any areas with empty seats.

twaintrain

The Superintendent at the school I'm auditing came in this morning and asked about my weekend. I told him I was tired because I went to see Carrie last night and got home late. He said that she is as good as it gets and that he had been to see her in concert and it certainly left an impression. He said she's so consistent that you can take how good she is for granted and then put her in a group with others and she blows them away because she's so much better than everyone else.

He's now my favorite client!

thaifood

See how there are no people on the floor to the left. That whole area was blocked off.
[/QUOTE]

I saw no empty seats Tee. In fact they had sold some of the seats in the blocked off areas

Louisa

Hey guys! I'm back home now so I can share my photos. The battery on my camera was low so I didn't manage to capture any video. I hope you enjoy the photos I took. The show was amazing. I was so happy to see the Storyteller Tour in person. Carrie puts on a fantastic show. The stage setup and visauls were really impressive. "Jesus, Take the Wheel"' "Blown Away" and "What I Never Knew I Always Wanted" were my favourite moments of the show. It was a great night and worth the long journey. Hope to see Carrie again soon. :)

liz278

^^ Glad you had a great time in Memphis. And really glad you got to see the concert! Great pictures!

Louisa

Thanks guys. I appreciate your kind words. I had the best time in Memphis. Graceland was amazing. I went on Periscope and it was fun. I wanted to Periscope at the show but I didn't have any device with me. My iPad was taken by security. It was a great night though. I was singing along to every song. :)