Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People Mag: Carrie Underwood's Husband: Nashville is Where I'm Supposed to Be

teesharky

Very nice article in People Mag with quotes from Mike, defending Carrie. I think part of it is from the Vancouver article, but it is very cool that People Mag picked it up.

Carrie Underwood Husband Mike Fisher Moves to Nashville : People.com

Carrie Underwood's Husband: Nashville Is Where Im Supposed to Be: Mike Fisher settles into Music City after the... Carrie Underwood Husband Mike Fisher Moves to Nashville : People.com (expand
expanding.gif
)

JB172

The poor guy just can never get his name in the headline of articles.

His name is Mike Fisher and not Carrie Underwood's husband.

Jade_kt

Not many people may know who Mike Fisher is if they don't follow Carrie or hockey since hockey isn't really big in the states like it is in Canada so I'm sure that is why they have her name in the title. I just don't like it when they don't at least mention his name though and just leave it at Carrie Underwood's husband in the title. Oh well though. Great article either way and glad people magazine picked up Mike's statements and him defending Carrie. Mike's a great guy and I can see why she fell in love w/ him and he is her best friend.

Carrieflattsfan

The poor guy just can never get his name in the headline of articles.

His name is Mike Fisher and not Carrie Underwood's husband.

People probably did that because their readers are probably more likely to recognize any article with "Carrie Underwood" in the title.
Her following is mostly in the states as well, so it makes sense People wants to appeal to their audience. Plus, Carrie is a pop-culture celebrity in the US; Mike is a hockey player from a state where Carrie's music is not as well known.
On the flip side, we wouldn't see a headline in a Canadian hockey magazine that says "Carrie Underwood's husband moves to Nashville," either.
It just boils to the region, level of celebrity, and audience. I don't think they meant it as a slight against Mike at all. :D

teesharky

Yeah they kind of have to mention Carrie in the title, or people won't know who Mike is. Mike Fisher is a very common name, too, so it could be anyone.

12russ79

Mike doesnt mind that hes referred to as Carrie Underwoods husband in fact i think hes very proud of the fact!!!
Carrie has herself one hell of a MAN!!!!

undrwood9098

I understand Carrie's the bigger name of the two, but c'mon, People. He has a name! :p

M-i-k-e F-i-s-h-e-r ! 10 characters, 2 seconds to type.

JB172

I understand Carrie's the bigger name of the two, but c'mon, People. He has a name! :p

M-i-k-e F-i-s-h-e-r ! 10 characters, 2 seconds to type.

Exactly.

All any of these articles have to do is put something like "Carrie Underwood's husband, Mike Fisher" in the headline.

lab

People probably did that because their readers are probably more likely to recognize any article with "Carrie Underwood" in the title.
Her following is mostly in the states as well, so it makes sense People wants to appeal to their audience. Plus, Carrie is a pop-culture celebrity in the US; Mike is a hockey player from a state where Carrie's music is not as well known.
On the flip side, we wouldn't see a headline in a Canadian hockey magazine that says "Carrie Underwood's husband moves to Nashville," either.
It just boils to the region, level of celebrity, and audience. I don't think they meant it as a slight against Mike at all. :D

Similar thing happened to the film "Soul Surfer". They always put "Carrie Underwood's Soul Surfer Movie", even though Carrie is JUST A SUPPORTING ACTRESS.

jbrown

This story seems to be forever mentioned everywhere and almost like everyday. The story contents are all the same but the writers just changed up the title of the story. The celebrity.com website even implied that Hilary Duff is kind of upset of the trade but actually only just a bit jealous about it. Oh well good for Carrie's publicity but not Mike if they call him Carrie Underwood's hubby. Good thing Mike takes it calmly and hopes to do good things in Nashville and makes a name for himself.

epicamends

I wouldn't expect a celebrity magazine to put Mike's name in the headline. His name isn't the one who is going to get their article hits. Plus, long headlines are strongly discouraged in journalism - the shorter the better. If this were a story geared toward hockey fans, of course they'd have his name in it, though. But it's geared toward pop culture fans, most of whom have no clue who Mike Fisher is.

As long as his actual name is mentioned in the article, it doesn't bother me. And like someone else said, I doubt Mike is bothered by being referred to as Carrie Underwood's husband. I know a few of you guys on here would certainly love to have people call you that! :p lol

DizzyDollyDee

I'm glad they wrote the article beings there isn' too much else going on with her - keep that name out there till her next project starts. Love Mike and what he stands for and think he knows what he was getting into with the bigger name when he married Carrie. Thinks he's too happy to nit-pic over the small stuff. They both just glow!!