Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People's Choice Awards 2015 - Determine the final nominees NOW!

lolita55

Voted.

A bit surprised that Miranda Lambert got in the overall Favorite Female Artist category. They must really be trying to give her more mainstream appeal. I hope she doesn't even advance to the next round to show that there is zero likelihood of her becoming a household name.

I know, that is the way it seems like to me, I think her team and record label have been pushing really hard for that for a long time. She is great, however, she does not have mainstream appeal, nor will she ever, that is why she pretty much only wins country music awards, and only has 1 grammy to date, nobody really cares about her outside of country music. Again, I think she is a great artist, but a big part of her appeal is who she is married to. For years the country music community have tried to turn them into Tim and Faith 2.0, and for the most part that has failed. If she was not married to Blake, I do not think that she would be as popular as she is. Not saying she does not deserve it because she does. But being married to Blake is a huge part of the appeal that people have for her.

Louisa

Voting for Carrie.

People's Choice Awards

2qxqjyx.png

txacar

Voting while knowing that it's the PCA's who actually decide who win and seeing that Carrie won't be attending......
I always thought only the nominees were selected by PCA's (actually, it used to be by Gallup Poll, now by an internet surveying company on behalf of PCA), and winners selected by voters. Did not know they had changed. Found the following on a PCA information site:

"Unlike the Oscars or the Golden Globes - in which nominees and winners are selected by industry peers - the People's Choice Awards are determined solely by the American viewing public.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In 2015, millions of fans nationwide will have another opportunity to vote at vote.peopleschoice.com to pick their favorite shows, films, movie and TV stars and have their voices heard at the 41st edition of the People's Choice Awards.

The 2015 People's Choice Awards will air at 9PM on Wednesday night January 7, 2015 on CBS Television, live from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. Hosting this year's presentation will be Anna Faris and Allison Janney, stars of CBS' hit sitcom "Mom".
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

tgbrinker

Strange they split Country voting into Female, Male, and Group, while other genres just stick to overall 'Favorite ____ Artist'

Really trying to rake in those website clicks and show veiws from dedicated country voters/viewers.