Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PO Is Certified 2x Platinum

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Wow, that's awesome!!!

hope she makes it to 3x eventually......does anyone know how long it took CR to hit 3x?

I think you can safely forget about 3x Platinum. PO sold about 4k this week. If it retains that pace (which it won't), it would take about 5 years to reach 3x Platinum.

undrwood9098

CR was certified 3x Platinum not too long ago. I think it was mid-to-end of 2010, so like Cary said, don't expect PO to be getting to 3x Platinum for a very, very long time.

thaifood

Certifications are based on shipments not sales so we have to guess when a certification might appear. Also the certification has to be applied for.

Anyway this is good news!!!

If the album has been certified, I would have to think that it was already applied for. I would guess that the actual award will be postponed a bit so they can combine it with Platinum for UnDo It & make a big day of it.

Pi314CA

Wow, that's awesome!!!

hope she makes it to 3x eventually......does anyone know how long it took CR to hit 3x?

CR hit 3,000,000 in its 110th week. However, it hit 2 million in its 25th week whereas PO will hit 2 million in about its 75th to 80th week.

gocountrymusic

^So basically the sales of Carnival Ride were like a roller coaster. I might be bad at math but maybe the time it took from CR to go from 2 million to 3 million won't be that much shorter than from Play On to go from 2 million to 3 million

carriecountrystar

^So basically the sales of Carnival Ride were like a roller coaster. I might be bad at math but maybe the time it took from CR to go from 2 million to 3 million won't be that much shorter than from Play On to go from 2 million to 3 million

compared to Play On, carnival Ride had pretty solid sales while PO was more of an roller coaster immediately dropping off top 10 in just 8 weeks then falling down to the 20s - now it's below the 100 only selling 4,000 or less while (if I remember correctly) CR still had a steady sale going at 10,000. also at this time-CR was already way past 2 million (having sold 2 million in 8 months while PO will have already sold 2 million in an year AND 8 months). at the rate PO is selling (IF it even stays on chart every week after new album comes out)-it will take at least 5 years to reach 3 million. CR took about an year to go from 2 million to 3 million.