Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: Pick Single 3 from Blown Away

Pick Single 3 foro Blown Away

• Do You Think About Me

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • See You Again

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cupid's Gotta Shotgun

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Nobody Ever Told Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Way Ticket

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Good in Goodbye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • 2 Black Cadillacs

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Leave Love Alone

• Thank God For Hometowns

• Total voters

teesharky

Guys I thought it would pass the slow time here between singles, to try to pick Single 3.

Since Carrie already said Forever Changed will not be sung live, I am keeping it out of the poll choices. I also kept out Who Are You as I am about 99% positive that will not be a radio single, just a lovely album closer track.

Anyway-- I loved both Good Girl and Blown Away as singles 1 and 2...but I think they need to lighten up things a bit for single 3 as the first 2 songs were rather intense/dramatic/big, etc. lol I loved them though. :)

So my picks for Single 3 are all the same theme: It needs to be a bit more "country" and lighter then the first 2, Amazing singles....since the first 2 singles are a bit Pop/Rock influenced and very Dramatic/Dark.

I think single 3 needs to be a lighter, fun or sweet song just to break up the intensity of songs 1 and 2.

So I would prefer one of these choices for Single 3:

Wine After Whiskey
Do You Think About Me
Cupid's Gotta Shotgun

liveasong

I want Do You Think About Me, Wine After Whiskey, Cupid's Got A Shotgun and One Way Ticket as singles! :)

But for single #3.... DYTAM

pandy

Since the first two songs were fast song we need to slow things down. And it will be the fall/winter season when the third single is out. I love Good in Goodbye, after that DYTAM or WAW.

supercarriefan

I voted for DYTAM because I love it, and I think that there needs to be a lighter song after the very dramatic BA.
I wouldn't be upset if they released Cupid or OWT next, though :). I personally don't see LLA or NETY as singles, but they seem to be favorites of Carrie's.

Although, I have to wonder if they will go with a ballad next, seeing as they've released the rockin' GG and BA isn't exactly a ballad either lol. I think they might choose to showcase one of the slower tunes. WAW would sound amazing on country radio, and I can see Carrie making a great video. GIG would be good as well, and also has great video potential.
Actually, all the songs from this album have the potential for amazing videos lol.

Marie2011

i don't think that do you think about me is going to be a single imo that song is like someday when i stop loving you a lovely country ballad, but not single material. the third single is more than likely going to be cupid got a shotgun, see you again, or one way ticket.

in this poll i voted for cupid got a shotgun

Claire2004

I want Do You Think About Me as the third single. For the 4th single, Wine After Whiskey please lol, and for the 5th either Cupid or Leave Love Alone (I seem to be the only who likes LLA for a single lol).

nccountrygal

Count me in too for DYTAM as the 3rd single. I also agree with Claire that I would like to see WAW as the 4th single. Carrie's label has got to release WAW as single. I love that song and I would say it is probably my favorite song on the album. I will be so disappointed if WAW is not a single.

Marie2011

what is wrong with you people cupid got a shotgun has a much better chance in being the third single than do you think about me, i mean think about it cupid got a shotgun is the countriest song on the album. Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are more than likely going to host the cma's again this year. Brad Paisley played electric guitar on that song, the third single is probably going to be released around cma award time, meaning that carrie would be singing that song with brad on the guitar at the cma awards.(aka cma voters are probably going to be there at the cma awards, carrie sing cupid live would show those votes who think that she is too pop, that carrie also sing songs that are country country, and not just country pop, or country rock. thus helping carrie get a nom for 2013 cma eoty of the year, since chances are that currently some of the voters think that carrie is too pop. swsrn is too pop also but swsrn has way better album, single, and ticket sells than Carrie.

PRGuy79

I picked "Do You Think About Me", too. I just love this song! Like Carrie sings, "I'm not even tryin', but I can't stop smilin'", when I hear that song. It is so catchy, undeniably country for the toughest of critics, and unlike anything else on the radio right now.

In one of the radio clips posted on this site from her trip to the UK, the DJ/host asked Carrie to pick a song for them to play on the next break from the interview. Carrie chose "Do You Think About Me" because it was upbeat and light and she commented that she wanted listeners to be aware of the album's diversity - that it wasn't all dramatic and dark. I find it interesting that she would pick this track for that reason. If Arista Nashville is thinking about this, too, Carrie's choice could be a hint of what is to come! :)

Chasing Dreams

I voted for Wine After Whiskey. I love that song! I also love Do You Think About Me. Hopefully, the third single will be one of those two.

Suellen

I voted for Wine After Whiskey; but I heard Cupids Got A Shotgun over the radio and it sounded great.

simonplay

I vote for Cupid's Got A Shotgun ! the third single will be released for the CMA awards and its perfect for Carrie and Brad to perform the song there ! and its a fun song , its different for Carrie ! .

If the song its released in November will be perfect because for february will be probably in the top 5 in the country chart, just in time for Valentines Day !

Plus its a Carrie co-wrote! :D

supercarriefan

what is wrong with you people cupid got a shotgun has a much better chance in being the third single than do you think about me, i mean think about it cupid got a shotgun is the countriest song on the album. Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are more than likely going to host the cma's again this year. Brad Paisley played electric guitar on that song, the third single is probably going to be released around cma award time, meaning that carrie would be singing that song with brad on the guitar at the cma awards.(aka cma voters are probably going to be there at the cma awards, carrie sing cupid live would show those votes who think that she is too pop, that carrie also sing songs that are country country, and not just country pop, or country rock. thus helping carrie get a nom for 2013 cma eoty of the year, since chances are that currently some of the voters think that carrie is too pop. swsrn is too pop also but swsrn has way better album, single, and ticket sells than Carrie.

There is nothing wrong with us :p. Tee asked what we all would personally like to see as the third single. Many of us actually think DYTAM is a great choice.
Honestly, when I made my choice, I wasn't even thinking about the CMAs or any other award show for that matter, and I certainly wasn't thinking about Taylor. I also wasn't thinking of which songs would show Carrie was more "country". I just want the singles for this album to show its diversity. If those singles happen to help her pick up some awards and help change some people's minds, that's wonderful. However, I really just want those that don't yet have the album to see what Carrie has to offer, and I think that DYTAM is something fresh for Carrie. It may gain her some new fans. Cupid might do the same, though, because it is also something fresh for Carrie.
I hope that Carrie will get two performances at the CMAs: one of Cupid with Brad and another performance of a song from BA.

I don't know why Taylor has to be brought into every discussion about Carrie's career :(. Carrie is Carrie and Taylor is Taylor...both very different, yet very successful women.

Carrieflattsfan

I'm guessing it'll be 'Cupid' but I'll echo the love for DYTAM. Such a cute, happy song, and I think it sound amazing on radio. Carrie really hasn't had a 'happy' song like this since AAG, so I wanna hear it on the radio.

epicamends

Aww I'm so happy to see DYTAM getting some love.

I'm curious whether they will release a single from the album right after BA peaks, or if they will release the Aerosmith duet to country radio as well as rock, and wait until after that to release another single from BA.

Either way, I think DYTAM would work very well. It's light and happy, which would be a nice change after two rather dark songs, but it's also a lot more "country" sounding, which radio might be looking for at that point.

simonplay

I know many of you will kill me for saying this but I think DYTAM will be the DFTRM of Some Hearts , the ITYS of Carnival Ride and the MS of Play On , DYTAM will NOT be a #1 song , its a good song but not enough for a #1 .

For many its a amazing song, but for others many its a sleep song !

PEACE :p LOL