Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: Pick Single 3 from Blown Away

Pick Single 3 foro Blown Away

• Do You Think About Me

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • See You Again

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cupid's Gotta Shotgun

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Nobody Ever Told Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Way Ticket

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Good in Goodbye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • 2 Black Cadillacs

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Leave Love Alone

• Thank God For Hometowns

• Total voters

epicamends

This is how I figure it now (but my mind is always changing :p)

1) Good Girl (late winter/spring)
2) Blown Away (summer/early fall)
3) Do You Think About Me (late fall/early winter)
4) Two Black Cadillacs (late winter/spring)
5) Cupid, One Way Ticket, or Leave Love Alone (summer/early fall)
6) Wine After Whiskey (late fall/winter)

I know a lot of people want GIG as a single, but I still can't picture it as anything but an album track. Doesn't mean I don't love it, I just prefer other songs more as singles.

simonplay

question... i'm curious... what's a normal song? :D

I think lyrically, melodically, structurally and thematically, the song is not normal at all... :D
Well, i don't know if it can generate buzz or not, but surely it is a song that is easily relate-able, it is one of the easier Carrie songs to sing, and the simple version of it's guitar chords is G-C and a little Em which which means it is a very easy song to sing, everyone can sing it, and a lot can relate to it... :D Actually it's one of the radio-friendly songs of Carrie especially in country, and in some way, in pop too :D

Well, i think it's a matter of personal taste...
Anyway, for me, 3rd single should be DYTAM... perfect for winter/fall for the 4season countries, and wet season for the 2season countries... For some reason this song extracts joy from sadness... ;)
4th single, maybe CGAS 'cause it will be perfect for valentines... Cupid's famous during that time, so I guess, people will easily come across CGAS... :D LLA too can be a good at that time, but I think the repeating lyrics is already found in DYTAM.. anyway CGAS will be great for spring too...
after that, i don't know... there are a lot of great songs... and it's too bad not all will become singles... :( OWT, TBC and WAW are also perfect singles... oh well... i'll be happy with whatever Carrie releases (but i really wish for a DYTAM video)... I'm already happy with the album and songs... :D

Finally, i never knew that Carrie performed GIG live... :D She sounds gorgeous!!! :D
Carrie Underwood-Good in Goodbye June 5th, 2012 - YouTube

A normal song for me its just a album track . Not good for a single material ! :)

Louisa

I voted for 'Cupid's Got A Shotgun'. That would be a great choice for a single. :)

Possible Singles Choices:

• Two Black Cadillacs
  • Do You Think About Me
  • Good In Goodbye
  • Wine After Whiskey

teesharky

I love TBC but I don't want it as a single next. They need to lighten it up a bit after 2 intense, dramatic songs.

I want country radio to show a different side of Carrie next.....that is why DYTAM, WAW, or Cupid would all work well.

I kind of like the idea of Cupid being released on Valentine's day, but it would also do well in the Fall for hunting season.

bigbluegrl23

Tee, I don't remember the exact interview, but it was before BA came out when she was discussing the type of album it was. she said people would be surprised bc most of the single were going to be uptempo. I see maybe one song being a slower song, which would prob be Wine after Whiskey.
Becca

epicamends

Tee, I don't remember the exact interview, but it was before BA came out when she was discussing the type of album it was. she said people would be surprised bc most of the single were going to be uptempo. I see maybe one song being a slower song, which would prob be Wine after Whiskey.
Becca
I hope so. That song could win a Grammy for Song of the Year IMO. It's flawless.

thunder92

Becca

Yeah but dytam is kinda uptempo..its not super fast but its not slow either. Plus Carrie said that song just makes her smile and she loved singing it

dsfox2009

I love TBC but I don't want it as a single next. They need to lighten it up a bit after 2 intense, dramatic songs.

I want country radio to show a different side of Carrie next.....that is why DYTAM, WAW, or Cupid would all work well.

I kind of like the idea of Cupid being released on Valentine's day, but it would also do well in the Fall for hunting season.

Never even thought about that, Tee! I always kind of figured that Cupid would be released around Valentine's Day for obvious reasons haha. But with all of the hunting references (Kevlar vest, Remington, fox hole, barrage, open season, tree stand, camouflage...), I could easily see it being released around the fall months now. Great observation!

All I know is that Cupid, TBC, and WAW absolutely NEED to be released. OWT deserves it as well, but the other three are more important single releases for me, personally. All I know is that whatever Carrie and her team decide to release next, the song is going to be huge. All of the songs on the album have the potential to be huge hits this era, imo...

Last edited:

jaks_weyn

^ yeah do you think about me is a prefect song. (if you don't want it to reach number 1 on billboard country song chart for example DFTRM, ITYS, MS, slow songs made it to #2) Temporary home is a slow song also but it is inspirational, and some people might of have request it because of this emotional performance

Carrie Underwood singing Temporary Home @ MGM Grand Theater Play On Tour - YouTube

Miranda's breakout single is a slow song (slower than those three even) and it's not inspirational either... :D
I don't think it's a question of slow or fast songs but how the song appeal to the listeners...
And i think it would be boring if Carrie released upbeat songs and slow inspirational songs always...

just wanted to share... A few of the songs that I heard here in Philippine radio are IYH, JTTW, SS, JAD and ITYS...
I don't know in the US and other countries, but I think my country will adore DYTAM... :D