Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prayers needed

buckeyecarriefan

My grandma fell and had a stroke today. I haven't always had the best relationship with her(or that whole side of the family), but she's still my last living grandparent and I'd rather not lose her just yet.

Any prayers for me and my family are much appreciated. It's going to be a long next few days at the least.

liz278

Sorry to hear this. But I will keep you, your family and your grandma in my prayers.

buckeyecarriefan

Thanks everyone!

Went up and saw her yesterday and I think the hardest part is she just doesn't really know anyone. I haven't exactly been around a whole lot so it didn't bother me personally too much(I probably had it coming, I'd be one of the first she'd forget), but she can't even remember her own name, any of her 12 kids' names, or most of the grandkid's names.

buckeyecarriefan

Good update today. Being told by some cousins who called her that she's feeling a lot better, is able to talk and even remember people's names today! Hoping she gets to come home tomorrow already!

And now starts the process of me putting some things that happened in the past behind me and actually being a good grandson. We seem to have gotten lucky with this scare, but who knows when or how bad the next one will be.....

JB172

Good update today. Being told by some cousins who called her that she's feeling a lot better, is able to talk and even remember people's names today! Hoping she gets to come home tomorrow already!

And now starts the process of me putting some things that happened in the past behind me and actually being a good grandson. We seem to have gotten lucky with this scare, but who knows when or how bad the next one will be.....

That's good to hear, hope things continue to go well.

buckeyecarriefan

Turns out it wasn't an actual stroke after all! It was a TIA, basically like a warning stroke that does no damage. So hopefully she can make some lifestyle changes and keep the actual stroke from happening.

Best news of all, she's coming home! Kinda. She's coming back to the local hospital for a few days for therapy....but it's a lot closer for everyone to be able to see her!

We got lucky this time it's looking like.

Carrieflattsfan

Turns out it wasn't an actual stroke after all! It was a TIA, basically like a warning stroke that does no damage. So hopefully she can make some lifestyle changes and keep the actual stroke from happening.

Best news of all, she's coming home! Kinda. She's coming back to the local hospital for a few days for therapy....but it's a lot closer for everyone to be able to see her!

We got lucky this time it's looking like.

That's great news!!! :)

I hope that your family will have a great time.

Family is one of the greatest wealth we can get. And I hope that your grandma and you will have a much better relationship in future