Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank the Cry Pretty clips/snippets

Claire2004

So I thought it would be fun to rank the clips from your most favorite to the least favorite one, then compare the ranking later on when we finally get to listen to the entire album. Based on the clips my ranking:

- Low/ Spinning Bottles - sorry, I just can't choose which is #1 between these 2 clips. I love them equally!
- The Bullet
- Drinking Alone
- Backsliding
- Ghosts on the Stereo
- That Song That We Used to Make Love To
- Southbound
- Kingdom

I don't if it's fair to include EUWY and LW, because we already have the full songs, but feel free to include them in your ranking if you want :)

Hil

I'll play

Top Songs
Cry Pretty, GOTS, Low, TSTWUTMLT, DA, SB, EUWY

Middle Songs
SouthBound, The Bullet, Love Wins, Kingdom

Least Favorite
Backsliding

BTW I think all the songs are awesome and love them all. Definitely my favorite album from her even if it's just clips so far.

quincyeyes

Sorry I just can't rank them yet but I will group them like Hil. Based on the itunes clips:

Most favorite: Spinning Bottles, Low, Drinking Alone, The Bullet, TSWUTMLT

Middle: Backsliding, Kingdom, Ghost on the Stereo

Least favorite: Southbound

As to those already available, I love Cry Pretty and from the very beginning it became one of my favorite Carrie songs of all time. I adore her voice in the verses and how vulnerable she sounds and when her voice cracks on "gets" ("...and falling apart is as human as it gets (crack)") in the first verse, I just feel it. However, looking at it's sales and streaming of the video, others did not receive it as well as I did. I love her vocals on Love Wins and the message but it's not my favorite. End Up With You is catchy and I love the lyric video (so cute!) but it is not a favorite either.

The Champion: I agree with whoever said it should have been released to pop radio. People really seemed to respond to the song and it's gone gold when her last two singles haven't. I think the music video is up to 36 million. I personally think there was no reason to alter her vocals though.

Caitlin2010

1. Low
2. Drinking Alone
3. Spinning Bottles
4. The Bullet
5. Backsliding
6. TSTWUTMLT
7. Ghosts on the Stereo
8. Southbound
9. Kingdom

A part of me hates ranking them, because I hate putting them "at the bottom" -- I genuinely love them all! Just some more than others lol.

mgbjr

I also think it’s too early to rank them, and I love them all so much so far.

Favorites: Backsliding, Low, TSTWUTMLT, Spinning Bottles, GOTS, and Drinking Alone

Middle: Cry Pretty, EUWY, Southbound, and Kingdom

Lowest: Love Wins and The Bullet

I put The Bullet towards the bottom based off the clip alone. I know it’ll move to my favorites once I hear it in full. But for now, it’s too simple and it can’t beat the others.

carebearcarrie

1. Spinning Bottles
2. Ghosts on The Stereo
3. Kingdom
4. Low
5. Southbound
6. Drinking Alone
7. The Bullet
8. Backsliding
9. That Song We Used To Make Love to

Excluded-

Cry Pretty
Love wins
End Up With You
The Champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaks_weyn

Sorry I just can't rank them yet but I will group them like Hil. Based on the itunes clips:

As to those already available, I love Cry Pretty and from the very beginning it became one of my favorite Carrie songs of all time. I adore her voice in the verses and how vulnerable she sounds and when her voice cracks on "gets" ("...and falling apart is as human as it gets (crack)") in the first verse, I just feel it. However, looking at it's sales and streaming of the video, others did not receive it as well as I did. I love her vocals on Love Wins and the message but it's not my favorite. End Up With You is catchy and I love the lyric video (so cute!) but it is not a favorite either.

The Champion: I agree with whoever said it should have been released to pop radio. People really seemed to respond to the song and it's gone gold when her last two singles haven't. I think the music video is up to 36 million. I personally think there was no reason to alter her vocals though.

I think CP fell victim to some uncontrollable factors unfortunately.. and well, maybe some controllable factors too... agree with TC, they did not need to alter her vocals..

I'll try ranking since i've been listening to the clips for over 24 hours now on repeat LOL
this is hard.......

That Song We Used to Make Love to
Kingdom - btw this reminds me of "This is Me" in "The Greates Showman"
Southbound
Backsliding
Ghosts on the Stereo
Low
The Bullet
Spinning Bottles
Drinking Alone

BTW, i love DA too.. think it's a song that Carrie alone can sing and i like how they played with the lyrics... but right now, i just enjoy the other songs more.. The list will be different when my mood and surrounding change.. for now, the more happy and beat-y songs are on the top... if i am to rank them by artistry and vocals, the list will generally flip... Same goes if my mood changes to looking for sad and slow songs... LOL

simonplay

1- Low
2- Drinking Alone
3- Spinning Bottles
4- Kingdom
5- The Bullet
6- Southbound
7- TSTWUTMLT
8- Ghosts on the Stereo
9- Backsliding

How were her vocals altered on The Champion?I didn’t catch it,but apparently a lot of other people did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FanSince04

1- Spinning Bottles
2- Drinking Alone
3- Backsliding
4- Southbound
5- The Bullet
6- Low
7- Ghosts on the Stereo
8- Kingdom
9- The Song That We Used To Make Love To

holding0n2jesus

1. Spinning Bottles
2. The Bullet
3. Low
4. Ghosts On The Stereo
5. Kingdom
6. Drinking Alone
7. Southbound
8. That Song That We Used To Make Love To
9. Backsliding

But I genuinely love EVERY song except for Backsliding which (for right now) is in competition with EUWY to be my least favorite Carrie song ever. As a whole, though, this is definitely shaping up to be my favorite album of hers. ❤️

I love every single one! But my rank is:

That Song That We Used to Make Love To

Spinning Bottles
Southbound
Low
The Bullet
Ghosts on the Stereo
Backsliding
Drinking Alone
Kingdom

Seriously. I am freaking out over TSTWUTMLT. I am SO excited, I love the clip sooooo much!

oldyfan

I can't rank them...they are all so good!

However, the ones I am playing most are:

Kingdom
Low
The Bullet (has a special meaning for 4 generations in my family)

NC State Carrie Fan

Why is everyone hating against Backsliding????? Lol

Southbound
Backsliding
Drinking Alone
Love Wins
Spinning Bottles
Kingdom
The Champion
End Up With You
Low
Cry Pretty
The Bullet
Ghosts On The Stereo
The Song We Used to Make Love To

Jane-Alex

Favourite songs:
Drinking Alone, Backsliding, Spinning Bottles, Ghosts on the Stereo

Middle:
TSTWUTMLT, Kingdom, Low, The Bullet

Least favourite:
Southbound (I listened to it at least 30 times in hopes I will start to like it, sadly, its not working, the music is so weird for me)

Josh

I love every single one! But my rank is:

That Song That We Used to Make Love To

Spinning Bottles
Southbound
Low
The Bullet
Ghosts on the Stereo
Backsliding
Drinking Alone
Kingdom

Seriously. I am freaking out over TSTWUTMLT. I am SO excited, I love the clip sooooo much!

I'm glad I'm not alone for once. Praise.The Lord. for TSWUTMLT!! I'm been shaking the past half hour because of the rush I got from that song alone, let alone everything else. Originally I thought it would have been awkward based on the title. But I don't even care about the lyrics at this point. The sound of this is part of my dna and I feel like this is one of the moments I've been always waiting for. The feel is perfect blend of the past and the present, country or not, and wow I'm about to die.

This will be difficult, but let's see

Best:
GOTS, TSTWUTMLT, Low, Spinning Bottles, The Bullet

Middle:
Southbound, Love Wins, Kingdom, Backsliding, Drinking Alone

Last:
End Up With You

brightfame

1. Low
2. TSTWUTMLT
3. Southbound
4. Spinning Bottles
5. The Bullet
6. Drinking Alone
7. Kingdom
8. Ghosts on the Stereo
9. Backsliding

montdu39

1. Spinning Bottles
2. Backsliding
3. Low

4. Drinking Alone
5. The Bullet
6. Kingdom
7. Southbound
8. Ghosts

9. TSTWUTMLT

Based on these rankings from everybody, the overwhelming favourites are Spinning Bottles and Low. Awesome!

jaymiee

1. Drinking Alone
2. Low
3. Backsliding
4. TSTWUTMLT
5. Spinning Bottles
6. Ghosts
7. Southbound
8. The Bullet
9. Kingdom

That was hard! I cant wait to hear the full songs and see if the orders change

txacar