Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rants Thread

carriecountrystar

Rant: I hate how my sister and my mom consider me weak because I'm polite to every single person I interact with (including people who wronged me/treat me like sh!t). It's not that I'm weak; it's just not in my nature to bear a grudge. I'd just rather do what I think is the right thing regardless of how someone's treating me. I sound full of myself, but I just genuinely feel bad for treating someone like crap regardless of how they treat me. And it's annoying when I get dismissed just because I'm not a hardass like them.

That's not weakness at all. On the contrary, you are quite strong in overcoming the urge to hold a grudge and pay back what they did to you. Like someone once said, “Not forgiving someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.” When you let go, you release the negative hold the other person has on you; you become the bigger person because your actions and thoughts are not determined by what the other person does. That's power to you!

Keep channeling your positivity; we need more people like you- you might be surprised to know just how good that kind of influence has on the people around you. Think about how much happier the world could be if people learned to just forgive. :)

allamericangirl8

Thanks, guys. I think it's a good thing, too. But my family just doesn't agree. My mom thinks I'm unhealthy, and my sister thinks I'm a flat-out moron. And my dad doesn't believe me at all. He thinks when I'm being nice to him, I'm just sucking it up and I secretly hate him. -_-

I like that poison quote. :)

Cps235

Rant: I hate how my sister and my mom consider me weak because I'm polite to every single person I interact with (including people who wronged me/treat me like sh!t). It's not that I'm weak; it's just not in my nature to bear a grudge. I'd just rather do what I think is the right thing regardless of how someone's treating me. I sound full of myself, but I just genuinely feel bad for treating someone like crap regardless of how they treat me. And it's annoying when I get dismissed just because I'm not a hardass like them.

Omfg. The same thing with me Nicole. Personally speaking, you being nice to the ones that did you wrong only proves what an amazing person you are. It shows you have character. A lot of people nowadays don't have that. If I was you, I would try to tune out what others are saying and continue to be you. I know that's hard especially when it's coming from family members, but knowing you on here, I'm sure you will continue to lead the life you choose.

There's nothing wrong in forgiving either. You are able to move pass it and live. Some people who hold onto grudges have a hard time enjoying life. Trust me, I know. If you ever need someone to talk to, You know I'm here for you. Again, it's amazing for a person at your age who are able to move pass the anger, hurt and all that comes with it and still be the adorable, goofy, sophisticated little adult you've become :)

allamericangirl8

Omfg. The same thing with me Nicole. Personally speaking, you being nice to the ones that did you wrong only proves what an amazing person you are. It shows you have character. A lot of people nowadays don't have that. If I was you, I would try to tune out what others are saying and continue to be you. I know that's hard especially when it's coming from family members, but knowing you on here, I'm sure you will continue to lead the life you choose.

There's nothing wrong in forgiving either. You are able to move pass it and live. Some people who hold onto grudges have a hard time enjoying life. Trust me, I know. If you ever need someone to talk to, You know I'm here for you. Again, it's amazing for a person at your age who are able to move pass the anger, hurt and all that comes with it and still be the adorable, goofy, sophisticated little adult you've become :)

Aww wow thank you so much. It's great to know people don't think I'm crazy for this kind of temperament. I frequently get lectured for not getting angrier, so though the sane part of me knows that this is actually a beneficial trait I have, there's still a tiny part that wonders if they're right and I should be snippier to people who have "wronged" me.

On the plus side, I'll never be Axl Rose. :p

Carrieflattsfan

Aww wow thank you so much. It's great to know people don't think I'm crazy for this kind of temperament. I frequently get lectured for not getting angrier, so though the sane part of me knows that this is actually a beneficial trait I have, there's still a tiny part that wonders if they're right and I should be snippier to people who have "wronged" me.

Shading Axl's assholeness? Leave.

Seriously, though, maybe once you learn that sometimes it's IS OK to tell people to back off you'll strike a balance. Don't stress too much about it; just be who you are and don't worry about what they think. Eventually they'll probably learn that's who you wanna be and respect that.

carriecountrystar

^ People just don't know awesome when they see it. Let them talk all they want while you brush them all and walk on.

The reason you're in the minority is because you're FAR, FAR ahead of other people. Forgiveness is powerful. Of course that doesn't mean letting people take advantage of you. It just means that you know how to move on with your life. So never look back.

Keep being awesome you. :)

Cps235

You're welcome Nicole! You should know by now that I got your back :)

Exactly. Continue to use that trait. Not everyone has that beneficial trait. Also, it's very admirable of you.

LMFAO....Um, yeah, we leave the "Axl Rose" temperament to the man himself,XD.

allamericangirl8

That's another thing. I think they probably think I have a major superiority complex and that's the real reason behind everything. Whenever they argue with me, they always hint at it. But Idk, I don't think I'm necessarily superior to them. It's just a personal preference to me. They don't have to do the same thing if they don't want to. I just don't like that I get picked on for it.

This is gonna sound weird, but I think that they think lots of my "good" qualities (the ones that they find most likable) are fabricated to make me look better than them. Gotta admit, some of them are (ie I give up my seat for elders even though my lazy ass would rather sit), but most of the time, it's not, so it's just really frustrating. I'm not sure what they want.

buckeyecarriefan

You guys are all incredibly boring. :p

I wouldn't worry about what your family thinks too much though. I'm the same way you are(although I'd like to think I was just raised right, who knows), I just find life easier if I quit worrying about what everyone's done to me in the past and just move on. I've got more important things to focus on, plus I find it pisses people off if they're a dick to you and you're nice back. I just don't have it in me to not be polite. Even the times I DO go off on someone or get back at them for something they did, I instantly feel bad and have to make it right again.

Maybe we're just some of the lucky few that are this way.

allamericangirl8

You're from Ohio. You're inherently more boring than we are.

Are you also kinda the black sheep in that sense? :p We're probably just lazier than they are.

buckeyecarriefan

You're from Ohio. You're inherently more boring than we are.

Are you also kinda the black sheep in that sense? :p We're probably just lazier than they are.

Depends on which side of the family. My mom's side are pretty much nice people, try to forgive(usually don't forget, but whatever). But my dad's side? Hell no. They're the types that will CLAIM they forgave and forgot, until the next fight. Then EVERYTHING that anyone ever did wrong to them ever is brought right back up. Like, really? How miserable does your life have to be to bring up some random argument from 20 years ago to prove a point?

allamericangirl8

I hate when you checkmate someone in a debate and then they stop replying. Like, b!tch tell me I'm right and you're wrong. Don't run away with fingers in your ears.

I am bothered.

Btw, Nirvana will never be irrelevant.

epicamends

I hate when you checkmate someone in a debate and then they stop replying. Like, b!tch tell me I'm right and you're wrong. Don't run away with fingers in your ears.

I am bothered.

Btw, Nirvana will never be irrelevant.

I was quite enjoying reading your convo with that person, but then he/she blocked me so I can't read their tweets anymore. lol

HuiZ

Actually... they are the weaker ones. It's not easy at all to be polite to people who have been treated you badly, and to not bear grudges. To not let our emotions overcome our rationale, judgment and manners is a lot harder.

Good on you for being able to do that! :)

Carrieflattsfan

A Britney stan on Twitter called Nirvana irrelevant because Dave Grohl insulted Britney, Kurt killed himself, and she hates them. I mean, unless you're that Britney stan, but I somehow doubt that. :p

Please. Nirvana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brit

I've always found Britney to be SO freaking overrated, and her stans tend to irrationally annoy me.

buckeyecarriefan

I had the biggest crush on Britney, I've developed a crush on her sister because she looks like Britney, and I've been one of her consistent supporters.

But anyone who claims she's more relevant than Nirvana is on crack.

epicamends

Please. Nirvana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brit

I've always found Britney to be SO freaking overrated, and her stans tend to irrationally annoy me.

Anyone who calls Nirvana a one hit wonder and irrelevant clearly needs to brush up on their music history knowledge. (And don't even get me started on comments like "thank goodness Kurt killed himself, good riddance!" Ughhh)