Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Remind Me" recorded by Sherri Austin?

Carrieflattsfan

Someone posted on another website that "Remind Me" could possibly be the same song recorded by country artist Sherri Austin. I listened to the lyrics, and the song does sound like the one recorded by Carrie & Brad. It's also about an old married couple trying to save their relationship.

I was surprised the song is a midtempo, but it's great lyrically. We'll have to wait a few months to see if it's the same song, but so far the signs are pointing to that.

rainbow1

I just listened to an interview on K102 of Brad's. He talked about the song and said that he wrote it....so I don't think this is it!

Kizmet311

Hmmmm...interesting that Brad would right a song with the same title about the same subject if it had been done already. Seems like songwriters get sued so easily anymore for plaguerism. Like the Bellamy Brothers suing Britney for "Hold It Against Me". I know it gets hard to come up with original ideas, but this one seems so similar.

blondemama

This is a good song but in a radio interview Brad said he had just finished the song a day or so before they recorded it. I doubt its the same

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Brad wrote it with 2 cowriters, both male. Neither was this Sherry chic. lol

Not only that. This video was posted in 2007. Brad and Carrie recorded their song within the last month. And according to the interview, they only finished writing it the day before Brad and Carrie recorded it.

undrwood9098

This isn't it, but I could TOTALLY hear them on this song! :)

I like this song, actually. Checking for it on iTunes...

Carrieflattsfan

Not only that. This video was posted in 2007. Brad and Carrie recorded their song within the last month. And according to the interview, they only finished writing it the day before Brad and Carrie recorded it.
I

That's what I wanted to know, thanks. I still think it's incredibly ironic that a song with the same tittle AND lyrical theme exists though. What are the odds??

The Nanook

It's not a bad song, but I imagine Carrie and Brad's duet would be better than this song lyrically, melodically, and vocally, basically better overall so I'm glad they're not the same songs. But it's uncanny that the title is exactly the same and the lyrical content is pretty similar as well, hopefully no one sues.

pklongbeach

It's not a bad song, but I imagine Carrie and Brad's duet would be better than this song lyrically, melodically, and vocally, basically better overall so I'm glad they're not the same songs. But it's uncanny that the title is exactly the same and the lyrical content is pretty similar as well, hopefully no one sues.
I sure hope your right.
I agree it is not bad. But it is not a multiple week #1 thats for sure.

AIgrl06

This is so strange. The same title, the same concept. I actually like this song posted, lol. But I'm imagining the duet to pack a little bit more of a punch.