Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revisiting the 'American Idol' vs. 'The Voice' debate

Naco1776

When NBC’s rival singing competition The Voice returned in February, I felt like I was the only Idol fan left in America. Media outlets championed NBC’s chair-spinning competition, with its flashy format — an audition style that’s admittedly superior to Idol‘s — and sass-spewing judges, Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton. “The Voice is more relevant, more meaningful, more compelling and more entertaining right now,” said Alex Strachan of the Montreal Gazette. “After a decade, we no longer believe in the Idol factory,” wrote EW’s Mark Harris. Those barbs stung me personally — these critics’ concerns had me worried that the freight train of Idol might be chugging to a stop. The Voice briefly legitimized this fear by pulling ahead in the coveted 18- to 49-year-old demographic and beating the Fox stalwart in the ratings race.

Revisiting the 'American Idol' vs. 'The Voice' debate | PopWatch | EW.com

JB172

No offense to Alex Strachen but he is full of crap, The Voice is just prentender and the fact that their first season winner hasn't done crap and that was after he already was dropped from labels proves that.