Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Grandma

gaycarebear

This week has been such a horrible week. My grandmother, show has been battling cancer, passed away earlier this week, and I'm having trouble finding closure. I'm just not sure how to deal with this. Her funeral was today, and to top it all off, not one member of my family offered to come take my mom and I.

My heart is aching right now and I can't stop crying...help...

robinannhunt

I am sorry for your loss and the family action toward you and your mother. All that I can say is time will heal the initial feelings but your Gramma will always be in your heart. I still feel something for my grandmother and she died in the 70's.

Ann055

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just remember, no matter what, no one can take your memories of your grandmother away from you. They will always be in your heart. I think of my grandmother often and sometimes, those memories come out of nowhere and always make me smile!

Cps235

You're in my prayers Jason! Be strong. I know this is a very difficult time for you, but always remember that even though your grandma is not here physically, she's with you in spirit. Always treasure those memories you have with her. Also, remember that no matter what happens, your grandma will always be in your heart. Time will heal. Again, I'm so sorry you are going through this...If you need someone to talk to, know I'm here.

Carrieflattsfan

I'm so sorry for your loss Jason. Your Grandma will always be with you and you'll always have your memories of her. It's always hard at first, but it will get better. My prayers are with you and your Mom.

Carrie Country

This week has been such a horrible week. My grandmother, show has been battling cancer, passed away earlier this week, and I'm having trouble finding closure. I'm just not sure how to deal with this. Her funeral was today, and to top it all off, not one member of my family offered to come take my mom and I.

My heart is aching right now and I can't stop crying...help...

Been there. My grandmother passed away January 1st 2012. Yes she died late new years night. So I understand and I'm sorry for your loss hang in there thoughts and prayers to your family!!!!

buckeyecarriefan

I just lost my grandma in February, I know what you're going through. It doesn't seem like it now but it will get easier. You'll find your closure and you'll realize that she's in a better place now. Cancer is a really bad thing and you don't want her suffering from that anymore.

The pain will never completely go away but in time you'll find a way to cope and then you'll be left with all the good memories. And she'll always be with you in your heart. If you need anyone to talk to your friends here at CF are here. Sorry to hear about everything you're going through.

supercarriefan

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jason. It's so hard to lose someone you love, but hold onto your great memories with your grandma and it will start to get easier.

Lstname89

I lost my grandma back when I was 9. It was a terrible situation, as she was like my second mother. My mom worked and went to school when I was a kid, and my father was absent. I was always with my grandma as a kid, and her and I were VERY close. Its almost been 14 years and I still have vivid memories of the times we shared.

Give yourself time to grieve, but not too much. I find it's better to keep busy, then to sit and dwell on the situation. I lost my 25 year old cousin a few years ago and I poured myself into my job after the funeral. Remember everyone is different when it comes to these delicate situations. Figure out what works best to help you get through these times. Some need a distraction (like me), and others need to seek out someone to talk to and that's the only way to get closure.

Have you thought about hitting up a bookstore? I'm positive there's literature on the subject that might be of help!

I wish you the best, my friend! Good thoughts, and prayers are being sent your way!:)

PRGuy79

Praying for your family during this difficult time! I was close to my grandmothers, too, and I think of them and miss them everyday. But I'm so thankful for the legacy of love they left for each and every person their lives touched. I'm sure your grandmother had the same loving impact on so many.

I can't help but think of the lyrics to Carrie's "Temporary Home", which I think is so fitting in a time like this: "This is our temporary home. It's not where we belong. Windows and rooms, that we're passing through. This is just a stop on the way to where we're going. I'm not afraid because I know - this is our temporary home."

I also love the words to "See You Again": "I will see you again. This is not where it ends. I will carry you with me 'til I see you again."

I pray for your comfort and strength, and I trust that a lifetime of joyful memories will carry you through this temporary home until that sweet day when you'll see her again.

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home - YouTube

Carrie Underwood - See You Again(FULL VERSION) - YouTube

cole

I had no idea Jason! I am so sorry.

I lostmy grandmother a little overa year ago, so i feel your pain.