Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robin Williams Dead at 63

jptexas

Dead Poets Society
Good Will Hunting
Good Morning Vietnam

Three of my favorite films, he was brilliant in all of them, and of course won the Oscar for Good Will Hunting. There have been a lot of celebrities lost recently but somehow losing Robin has really shaken me up. I guess it's because I grew up with his movies. I will miss him. RIP Robin

teesharky

So sad! He was a massive talent and kind amazing person! I will never forget Dead Poets Society - my fav. Oh Captain my Captain.

RIP Robin. ( sad)

Sorry cary i just started a thread in celebrity gossip. Delete it if you want- I did not see this.

cmuf2011

I feel sorry/sad for Robin friends and family but not Robin himself, sorry not sorry not going to waste my tears mourning his death cause he decided to end it. The loss of someone you love is sad, but in this case it could of have been prevented. We never know when we will have our last breathe, but in the case of Robin it didn't have to be this way he could still be alive he had a choice but he decided to go the cowards route and end his life.

chevrolet

Severe depression isn't about cowardice. It's about emotional pain overwhelming and dominating the mind.

Daraebe

I feel sorry/sad for Robin friends and family but not Robin himself, sorry not sorry not going to waste my tears mourning his death cause he decided to end it. The loss of someone you love is sad, but in this case it could of have been prevented. We never know when we will have our last breathe, but in the case of Robin it didn't have to be this way he could still be alive he had a choice but he decided to go the cowards route and end his life.

WOW is all I can say about that statement. We never know what goes on in a persons life behind what we see. He suffered from severe depression and was just in Rehab for alcohol. Mental illness is a scary thing and can spiral downward fast. Judging or even calling what he did a "cowards route" is very insensitive.

bluetb4

This news makes me terribly sad. I loved Robin Williams....so talented and funny. RIP Robin. (sniff)

liz278

^^I agree. Do not judge what is happening in someone else's life. Severe depression is a horrible thing and when I see statements like that I know we have a lot of teaching to do still.

gocountrymusic

He was suffering from mental illness. Besides the documented depression he clearly had manic episodes. If i had to guess he was diagnosed bipolar and his substance abuse was "self medicating". He wasn't in a rational state to take the blame for suicide.

I feel sorry for his family and him. RIP.

litchfield93

My heart breaks....such a talented man. Agreed with others-do not judge. Regardless of how his life was and/or ended, I will always respect and cherish him for the brilliant and talented actor he was.

HuiZ

You don't know ANYTHING about depression if you think that's just a coward's way.

You don't know how much extra mental strength is needed to fight those inner demons.

I find this highly offensive because it's insensitive statements like this that make it so hard and such a "taboo" for sufferers to open up about their depression and other mental health sufferings.

Depression can happen to ANYONE. All it takes is the right trigger and events in your life to help it spiral out of control.

sam_vzla

I said this in the Awards thread, but Robin was special because he had the power to make you laugh or cry like crazy. Not every actor out there has that ability, and for that he will be unforgettable.

I still remember how in Mrs Doubtfire I laughed through the whole movie, but the trial scene at the end made me cry every single time I watched it, and I watched that movie at least 20 times.

I'm deeply sad today.

I would never judge someone that takes a decision like this. Every mind is a world, and you cant judge a world you are not living in.

HuiZ

I said this in the Awards thread, but Robin was special because he had the power to make you laugh or cry like crazy. Not every actor out there has that ability, and for that he will be unforgettable.

I still remember how in Mrs Doubtfire I laughed through the whole movie, but the trial scene at the end made me cry every single time I watched it, and I watched that movie at least 20 times.

I'm deeply sad today.
Agree with you so much on his ability. Loved Mrs Doubtfire so much too. I also remember the Good Will Hunting scene on the park bench with Matt Damon.. it was so good. Such a well-deserved Oscar for his role in that movie.

I feel sad every time I read about someone's passing... but this one is really heartbreaking for me. I grew up with his movies and loved so many of them! Not going to lie, I really did tear up when I read his news =(

I always just assume he's going to be around, occasionally popping up with some funny movies and roles again. Still so young at 63......