Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robin Williams Dead at 63

Claire2004

I feel sorry/sad for Robin friends and family but not Robin himself, sorry not sorry not going to waste my tears mourning his death cause he decided to end it. The loss of someone you love is sad, but in this case it could of have been prevented. We never know when we will have our last breathe, but in the case of Robin it didn't have to be this way he could still be alive he had a choice but he decided to go the cowards route and end his life.

In situations like this, compassion and understanding are what is needed, not judgement and self-righteousness.

clh_hilary

This is shocking and sad. He was brought up catholic/christian science, maybe that's why he thought there would be an after-life after this.

Grace_Of_God

"Depression is a flaw in chemistry, not character." RIP Robin Williams. Congratulations on all the days you did win your battle, and Im sorry this has been the end result. I hope you have found your Neverland.

HuiZ

Make sure you say the same to anyone who hints at his going to a heaven or hell.
"He'll be free from pain in heaven" - religious belief

"He was brought up catholic/christian science, maybe that's why he thought there would be an after-life after this."
- personal opinion about someone's belief, with implication that the person had a (in your opinion) wrong belief

pklongbeach

I feel sorry/sad for Robin friends and family but not Robin himself, sorry not sorry not going to waste my tears mourning his death cause he decided to end it. The loss of someone you love is sad, but in this case it could of have been prevented. We never know when we will have our last breathe, but in the case of Robin it didn't have to be this way he could still be alive he had a choice but he decided to go the cowards route and end his life.

I have experience with suicide. And the feelings you are expressing are valid, to a point.
One of the most devasting things about suicide is the confussion and guilt and shame that is left behind in family and friends. If the death of a loved one is not bad enough you now have to deal with questions and struggles of "did I do enough" "was I there for him" " why did'nt he reach out to me" " why couldn't I fix him" "how dare he leave me alone like this" "WHY DID HE DO THIS TO ME"!

These are normal expressions. They are tragic and sad. And yes, you get mad cause you should not have to be struggling with them. Suicide is a purely selfish act. And it leaves so many people devastated in its path.

But the awful empty pain of who difficult it must have been for him. The loneliness. The loss of self and hope. Its just too sad to even carry.
That is much stronger than the feelings of anger or disappointment.
You have no real feelings for this person, but his family and friends do. You have no way of knowing how difficult this is. Especially for a public figure whos family is now thrust into the limelight.
You must find compassion. You must will it. For him of course. You can never know how dark and lonely and scary things got for him that he would rather take his own life than face another moment of it.

You can cry for him and for his loved ones. This is a loss for a lifetime. To express anything but bitter sadness and compassion for all these people is not a reflection on the situration but a reflection of you and your own struggles.

Help them grieve. Don't make matters worse for them.

txacar

I suggest you educate yourself a bit more before passing judgement; otherwise, someday you might find yourself waking up in the morning to a world that looks so dark you can barely drag yourself up, or you might look at one dirty dish in the sink and the task looks so large you can't bear to begin moving that mountain with only a teaspoon to shovel it with, or you are so despondent you lose the will to even get out of a chair, go outside, do normal things like shopping. Nothing is funny anymore, everything you once delighted in now leaves you numb, and the sun never shines. Depression is not a "mental" illness. It is a physical imbalance of chemicals in the brain. Depression is the most horrible pain imaginable. If the correct combination of medications is not found, sometimes that pain becomes unbearable and the thought of making it through another day appears impossible.

If you have ever listened to the words of the song Hallalujah, you will see the very depths of depression and despair. The songwriter lived his life in a very dark place and was at rock bottom when he wrote that song which, in effect, said God is not there and the sarcastic hallalujah punched it home. He did everything to try to conquer his depression, even entering a monastery living as a monk for years.

Have compassion first, then judge if you must. Or, better yet, leave judgement to God if you are a believer.

lizcarlo

awe. So Sad. He was such good actor and I grew up loving couple of his movies. RIP Robin Williams. God Bless him and his family.

Kizmet311

Here is Robin Williams cheering on Carrie at the People's Choice awards after she performed- towards the end. Love him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5gwoFgOt9o

I was so sad to hear of his passing and especially the circumstances. I'll be honest, I haven't seen the majority of his movies, but my mom and I watched Mrs. Doubtfire so many times when I was young. We had it on VHS and I know we wore it out, although I think my mom watched it for Pierce Brosnan, lol. My daughter is only 2, but I can't wait to share that movie with her when she is old enough to find some amusement in it. Thanks for posting the link to the video from the PCAs. I was hoping someone would post it.

JB172

His resume from his stand up routine to his TV work to his films and the variety of characters he could play is as impressive as anyone else.