Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3: Blown Away vs. See You Again

Round 3: Blown Away vs. See You Again

• Blown Away

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • See You Again

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cole

Blown Away has two victories under its belt - can it go for three? In this round, we have the very dark Blown Away, versus the very light See You Again. You have a week to vote!

cole

^^ You guys have to vote in the poll! Haha, if you don't vote, then it won't count! :p

cole

^^ Ah, you never know. :p Blown Away could easily be defeated by Do You Think About Me, One Way Ticket, or Wine After Whiskey. As Carrie says, 'Whatever happens is in the hands of the fans...'

thunder92

voted Blown Away, but I love See You Again. My nana passed away last week and ever since then the song has such a deeper meaning for me. I even got a tattoo for her that has small cursive "til I see you again"

I can relate to SYA more than any other Carrie song, but I like the actual Blown Away song a bit more right now

pklongbeach

I adore both, but I'm gonna go with SYA. Such a beautiful song and vocal from Carrie. Shame it's so underated.
I do love when we agree.
But you were braver than me. I did go with BA. Only because it is a career changing song for me.
If not for Carrie, than at least for me as a fan of hers. It goes down in the record books for me along with ITYS / JTTW / Wasted / IKYW.............(it's a long list)
BUT, I really do love SYA. I don't know hwat it is.
I think cause I have a friend who lost a baby resently and if I could send her any consolation at all, it would be this song.
I Will See You Again!
It's just so important. And she sings it with the conviction and love that a statement like that deserves.
It may not have been produced quite perfectly by MB, but it is a wonderful song that I listen to over and over.
Probably more tha BA!
(but thats only because I am waiting to hear BA alot in the near future.)!!

gocountrymusic

Voted for Blown Away, while it is still my favorite from the album, I wouldn't underestimate Forever Changed (Assuming Blown Away gets that far) and then I think Forever Changed will be a toss up against Wine After Whiskey or what's becoming a fan favorite Good in Goodbye.

allamericangirl8

Voted for Blown Away, while it is still my favorite from the album, I wouldn't underestimate Forever Changed (Assuming Blown Away gets that far) and then I think Forever Changed will be a toss up against Wine After Whiskey or what's becoming a fan favorite Good in Goodbye.

I wish with all my heart I could believe you. My top 3 favorites from the album are Two Black Cadillacs, Forever Changed, and Wine After Whiskey, but Blown Away is too powerful. If TBC didn't do it in, nothing will. FC is either adored or hated here, and I think that balances out to BA winning.

As for GIG, it's the only song that has a real chance, and that's not one of my favorites either. x)

gocountrymusic

I wish with all my heart I could believe you. My top 3 favorites from the album are Two Black Cadillacs, Forever Changed, and Wine After Whiskey, but Blown Away is too powerful. If TBC didn't do it in, nothing will. FC is either adored or hated here, and I think that balances out to BA winning.

As for GIG, it's the only song that has a real chance, and that's not one of my favorites either. x)

Hahaha I'm sorry to hear that, but if it make you feel better, I think Wine After Whiskey I think has a real shot. Everyone on this site was begging for it to make this album. Another reason that I think Forever Changed has a shot though is the fact that, like Blown Away and 2BC, the lyrics are very visual but in a completely different way. I was kind of on the fence with it at first but I grew to appreciate how delicate the production is with the lyrics. Every thing seems to just fit together.

allamericangirl8

Oh, for sure, both songs are exquisite. I won't go into major detail until they come up, but they're some of my all-time favorite songs from anybody ever, and I've been rather disappointed in the fan reception of particularly Forever Changed and partially Wine After Whiskey. I never got the felat-- I mean the drooling over SWISLY, and then I heard WAW, and I thought WAW was like SWISLY but better, but now everyone's drooling over Blown Away and Good in Goodbye instead! So I guess WAW is more like Look At Me.

On an unrelated note, What Can I Say is the most underrated Carrie song on the face of the earth, the end.

Anyway, I really, really hope you're right, but I'm not optimistic haha.

gocountrymusic

Oh, for sure, both songs are exquisite. I won't go into major detail until they come up, but they're some of my all-time favorite songs from anybody ever, and I've been rather disappointed in the fan reception of particularly Forever Changed and partially Wine After Whiskey. I never got the felat-- I mean the drooling over SWISLY, and then I heard WAW, and I thought WAW was like SWISLY but better, but now everyone's drooling over Blown Away and Good in Goodbye instead! So I guess WAW is more like Look At Me.

On an unrelated note, What Can I Say is the most underrated Carrie song on the face of the earth, the end.

Anyway, I really, really hope you're right, but I'm not optimistic haha.

Typo much? :) Anyway I'll just say that I was definitely part of that team, but I respect What Can I Say a lot and will leave it at that.

Carrieflattsfan

I love Blown Away, but I also adore a lot of songs that fly under the radar. SWISLY is beautiful, but I was never in awe over it, either. It's a bright spot on Carrie's weakest album;
I tend to see that as a factor in all the praise, too.

In my opinion, WAW blows SWISLY outta the water, but it doesn't mean SWISLY is weak.

I agree with Nicole about Forever Changed & GIG; two of my favorites on the album. Both are so underated; two exquisite vocal performances from Carrie and both show a marked maturity. I'll also throw WAY in there as a beautiful, underated track. Carrie's vocals are a cut above & so emotional. Iove that Carrie wears her heart on her sleeve and isn't afraid to pour herself into the music now. I can honestly say I wouldn't have believed Carrie could pull off these songs 7 years ago, but she's come so far. I love that she's not afraid to sing what she wants without fear. Confidence suits her well.