Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Blown Away vs Good in Goodbye

Which song is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

allamericangirl8

No biased poll options here because I honestly have no clue what I'm gonna be voting for. GIG's grown on me quite a bit, and I like it just as much as BA now.

pandy

Oh, Good In Goodbye. Love that song. Hope it is a single. Love that line where Carrie sings" I thank God I didn't get what I thought that I deserved." That applies to so much in my life not only the guy that I was dating once. Got a different guy and am married for 40 years.;) Got a good job. If I had got the job I wanted , that company folded up.;)

epicamends

I voted for BA. I do love GIG, but not nearly as much as many others here seem to. To me, it's just a nice album track with great lyrics. :) And plus, I don't want it beating out WAW later on. ;)

Farawayhills

For me, this isn't a difficult choice (the next ones will be). Here, though, I'm again taking BA as the stronger song.

GIG has interesting lyrics, but its music doesn't really strike me as anything much out of the ordinary. Although this is a "new level" album, Carrie probably felt a need to strike a balance, between songs that are highly innovative and push the boundaries, and ones that are more grounded in a musical style that can appeal to current Mainstream taste. She does a good job here, of both the writing and the delivery, that makes the most of the "life lessons" theme with thoughtful imagery in the lyric - but, stylistically, it's not a song that puts me on the edge of my seat, as several of the others do.

thunder92

I can't decide at the moment. BA is my favorite on the album but GIG is up there too and I don't want to vote against it

countrymusicfan15

Can we do BA vs. WAW with no bias??? lol Not that it probably matters anyways, but still....it will probably be the closest vote yet.

Burst

I'm voting Blown Away. Good in Goodbye was one of my least favourite album tracks at first. It's really grown on me lately and is one of my top 5 favourites now. It's about as close as the vote's gonna get for me seeing as TBC and OWT were already taken out.

gocountrymusic

Good In Goodbye is definitely a grower. I love the way Carrie sings "I thank God I didn't get, what I thought I deserved." Not only is it a really powerful line, but love how she emphasizes on the "thank God" part because I could feel the relief of that moment. Wise Carrie just sounds awesome.

With that being said I still have to go with Blown Away because I do feel it is still the stronger song. The next three rounds however are going to be really, really tough.

Carrieflattsfan

I love both tracks, but BA is the stronger song.

I am surprised so many people said GIG had to grow on them; it was one of my favorite tracks upon first listen to the album.

teesharky

This was another tough one. :)

Love both songs but I picked BA as the melody/tempo is catchier.

But the lyrics from GIG are excellent as is the message so this was tough.