Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales from USA Today - 2/23/11

Pi314CA

Fantasia has week's best-selling 'Idol' album
08:49 AM

his week, only three Idols have albums in The Billboard 200, and all three women sold within just a few hundred units of each other. Fantasia's Back to Me had a slight edge over Crystal Bowersox's Farmer's Daughter and Carrie Underwood's Play On. All three albums sold about 6,000 units, according to Nielsen SoundScan, with Fantasia having the best chart position at No. 126.

The Grammy effect is in full swing this week, with 10 of the 12 best-selling albums being directly related to awards or performances on the show.
5,668 1,958,083
Idol albums

Fantasia, Back to Me (6,000, -1%, 416,000 total) (#126 Billboard 200)
Crystal Bowersox, Farmer's Daughter (6,000, -14%, 156,000) (#128 BB200)
Carrie Underwood, Play On (5,668, 0 change, 1,958,083) (#135 BB200)
Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (2,000, -6%, 7.087 million)
Carrie Underwood, Carnival Ride (2,000, +5%, 3.178 million)

Daughtry, Daughtry (3,000, -5%)
Mandisa, True Beauty (1,000, -36%, 224,000)
Jason Castro, Who I Am (1,000, +70%, 15,000)
Chris Sligh, The Anatomy of Broken (less than 1,000, +4%, 10,000)

Fantasia has week's best-selling 'Idol' album - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Last edited:

teesharky

Thanx! I am happy she is staying steady. The mention of her name on the grammys may have helped PO stay steady, even though she did not attend and she lost. lol

Sometimes, just the fact that you are nominated, and your name is mentioned on the Grammys-- helps a bit. lol

Pi314CA

I find it amazing that SH sold about 150k and CR about 110k in the last 12 months. That's a lot considering some current album sales like Blake Shelton's which has only sold 179k despite containing #1 hits.

there should be another little bump next week as residule from the grammys SH also had a crossover hit so that's why 5 years later it sold 150k and Blake Shelton's recent album has only sold 179k a bit more than Mariah Carey's 2009 album Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel did in it's debut week to open at #3 Behind Barbara Streisand and Paramour

clh_hilary

This week overall album sales is pretty good due to the Grammy's and Valentine's Day. Next week both effects would wear off and everyone should go down. I'm interested to see whether Jason Aldean's "My Kind Party" again managed to edge out Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" for Top Country Albums this week (he should have performed on the Grammy to guarantee another week at the top lol).

At least Play On didn't decrease, it's still selling pretty well for such an old album. And its nice to see Carnival Ride back on the list, I dont remember seeing it the past few weeks

yeah that's true at least play on didn't decrease and the ACM's aren't far off either so that should bring an increase like award shows always do SH should end the year around 7.2 million and next around 7.3 and a possible 8x platinum cert

Zman312

Some of you guys are obessed with teh 8x Platinum certification for SH. TBH, it's not going to happen. At this rate, it will take couple of years!

ramb

Do we have any singles information?
Nice to see PO hanging in there, even when there's no single on the radio right now.

thunder92

^i dont think we got them last week either
i think brian said that his sources werent able to give them to him