Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales numbers for carrie's singles and albums

Pi314CA

The last update on it was in last september. It sold just 30k in more than a year... I think ITYS has a nice shot to be Platinum...

Ps: ITYD is selling 1,5k~ weekly.

The last update for ITYS was 9/26/10 on ChartWatch where sales was at 784k. Using 56 weeks from then until now, that's 107k in sales which is about 1.91k/week. Part of this is the sales bump from the Scotty/Lauren performance on Idol. So, let's say it will sell at 1.2k/week. Then ITYS will acheive Platinum around July 2013.

For SS, it sold 54k in 45 weeks (since the 12/10/2010 update). At that pace, SS will achieve Platinum around June 2012.

So, it's very possible that Carnival Ride will have FIVE platinum singles! :D :D :D :D :D

JTTW is close to 2x Platinum,... it's about a year away. :)

Last edited:

sam_vzla

Thanks so much for the numbers! Wasted is still my favorite song ever, so I'm surprised it isn't platinum yet. Probably Carrie's most underrated single ever.

Coming after BHC didnt help. And I think when Wasted was going up on the country charts, BHC was doing its thing on the Pop ones, so that took attention from the song too. I wasnt the biggest fan of the recorded version, but the live version is perfect.

Looking at that list of singles sales and album sales just proves what we already knew. Carrie is doing amazing, and if you took a certain someone out of the picture (and that certain shouldnt be in the picture to being with) no one comes close to her, and no one will.

carebearcarrie

Thanks so much for the numbers! Wasted is still my favorite song ever, so I'm surprised it isn't platinum yet. Probably Carrie's most underrated single ever.
I also think Last Name was unerrated too!

Carries live versions of Last Name and Wasted i think are her best sung songs- aside from How Great Thou Art and I Know You Wont...

teesharky

I don't doubt it'll go Platinum, I just don't think it'll be any time soon.

I think he was talking about DFTRM selling that little-- so it may be a year or so before it hits Gold. He said that ITYS has a real shot at Platinum as it is selling 1.5k a week-- which is good.

I think ITYS will hit platinum in a year or so, where as DFTRM might take 2 or 3 years or so to go gold. lol

How fast will JTTW hit 2x platinum?

^I agree-- Wasted was simply overlooked due to BHC being such a HUGE smash. But Wasted did go 3 weeks at number 1, so that is pretty great.

I would love for it to go platinum someday.

So Small is a bit farther away then I thought from platinum status. Maybe 6 months or so?

PS--- how soon until Mama's Song goes Gold? It is closer to Gold then I realized, so that is cool.

teesharky

OMG! THEY ANSWERED MY QUESTION!

I'm so happy :D

very cool that you asked that question! Thanx so much for doing so! You helped us see where she stands now....in terms of platinum/gold singles. Very cool!

They forgot to include TAPFU and Home Sweet Home-- but that is ok. Neither were radio singles, just special songs for various projects.

allamericangirl8

So I was listening to Wasted today. I seriously don't get how it wasn't huge. It's just perfect. Everyhing about it. Gorgeous. I personally think it's miles better than Before He Cheats. Bah. Horrendously underrated among non-Carrie fans. It just gives me chills, Wasted.

Just wanted to say that haha. Wasted's lack of popularity is a travesty.

carrieidol1

If you think about it, chart wise "Wasted" was huge, 3 weeks at #1 is a huge hit. It didn't sell digitally in proportion to it's chart position and longevity... but still, it's easily one of Carrie's biggest hits. I hear it just as often, if not more than; JTTW, BHC, LN, CC, A-AG, and all her other big recurrent hits. As a matter of fact I heard it a few days ago!

12russ79

So I was listening to Wasted today. I seriously don't get how it wasn't huge. It's just perfect. Everyhing about it. Gorgeous. I personally think it's miles better than Before He Cheats. Bah. Horrendously underrated among non-Carrie fans. It just gives me chills, Wasted.

Just wanted to say that haha. Wasted's lack of popularity is a travesty.

Wasted is a really good song that is too repetitive to be a great song.... IMHO.... Also Wasted had the misfortune of being released after one of the great Country songs of all time BEFORE HE CHEATS..... BHC hurt DFTRM also by casting a huge shadow over it by getting huge amounts of unsolicited airplay long before it was released as a single..... If you look at any great album it needs a couple of great anchor songs to drive sales and give the album legs.... SOME HEARTS had that with JTTW and BHC.... CR and PO didnt quite have it although they were great albums also in their own right... I have a feeling this 4th album will have some of the greatest songs that Carrie has ever recorded on it... And i still think that the single is definatly coming out before the CMAs...... And although a long shot i still think the album will be released this year!!!

Pi314CA

I think he was talking about DFTRM selling that little-- so it may be a year or so before it hits Gold. He said that ITYS has a real shot at Platinum as it is selling 1.5k a week-- which is good.

I think ITYS will hit platinum in a year or so, where as DFTRM might take 2 or 3 years or so to go gold. lol

How fast will JTTW hit 2x platinum?

^I agree-- Wasted was simply overlooked due to BHC being such a HUGE smash. But Wasted did go 3 weeks at number 1, so that is pretty great.

I would love for it to go platinum someday.

So Small is a bit farther away then I thought from platinum status. Maybe 6 months or so?

PS--- how soon until Mama's Song goes Gold? It is closer to Gold then I realized, so that is cool.

At this rate, JTTW will get to 2x platinum in about one year... Oct 2012.

Mama's Song will get to Gold in about 7 months ... June 2012.

clh_hilary

Alright, don't hate me, but I'd personally love to see SWSRN's up to date single sales for comparison. Obviously for her material she has the crossover sales, but it'd be nice to compare. Carrie's sales are very impressive for really having predominately Country radio only with the occasional Hot A/C or Pop spin of LN, UI, or BHC.

Haha you wouldn't. Taylor Swift is the biggest-selling digital tracks act of all-time in the States lol

I never realized how close both "Mama's Song" and "Don't Forget To Remember Me" to Gold!

At this rate, JTTW will get to 2x platinum in about one year... Oct 2012.

Mama's Song will get to Gold in about 7 months ... June 2012.
That's great for both! I cant wait for JTTW to go 2x platinum, Carrie's definitely due for another multiplatinum single! And MS is a lot closer to gold than I thought so that's good :) Even though it'll probably take a long time for DFTRM to go gold after that it'll be great to say all of Carrie's songs are certified

thunder92

^I have to somewhat disagree on that. Example: AAG maintained great sales while being a hit on Radio Disney. Also, lets not forget DYWS Jason/Kelly. It maintained great sales as it went up the HAC/AC charts. I do agree, however, that its nowhere near the impact as Top 40 or even Country radio.

clh_hilary

^I have to somewhat disagree on that. Example: AAG maintained great sales while being a hit on Radio Disney. Also, lets not forget DYWS Jason/Kelly. It maintained great sales as it went up the HAC/AC charts. I do agree, however, that its nowhere near the impact as Top 40 or even Country radio.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The impacts are way weaker. But then, "All-American Girl" maintained great sales might also only be because of country radios and that people rationate better with that song. There are a lot of Hannah Montana #1 hits on Radio Disney, for example, and they don't any copies. They move albums instead.

For "Don't You Wanna Stay", its sales didn't get increased much with airplay on the two formats. It didn't even make a new peak on the Hot 100 despite the original peak being already relatively low. And many of its sales come from performances and the fact that it features a Pop singer. And it's not like it was selling all that massive either, especially when seeing Jason Aldean himself already being a huge seller.

And just like Radio Disney, exclusive hits on AC/Hot AC don't sell well. Taylor Swift's "Mine" was #1 for like a million weeks, Maroon 5's "Misery" as well. Both of them didn't sell very well for their standards, and they already have other formats supporting them. Both Radio Disney and AC are more albums formats, while Hot AC is not effective in moving either sides.

allamericangirl8

Ok WASTED is the greatest song ive ever heard...... I think it was the pish-posh that pushed me over the edge..... LOL
The next time i drive a ball into a hazard im definaltly gonna say
Oh pish-posh..... LMAO

I'm glad you see the error in your ways. ;)

Woot! Unnecessary bump.

bluevelvet85

great to see the sales semi recently updated I'm thinking SS will be plat in 6 months May 2012 and on the albums side Some Hearts is close to over jumping Mariah Carey's Music Box in soundscan sales it needs about 70k to do so but we don't know what SH has sold through BMG music club probably about 375k or half what Music Box has 750k and hopefully SH will be certified 8x platinum someday probably at about 7.35 million or late 2013