Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See You Again On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pklongbeach

Yeah I know a lot of people are going to blame this one on the label, but it might be Carrie's decision too. I really wanted another single, but Carrie might not have wanted to put out another single while she is doing a bunch of other things.

I know a lot of people are going to say she could just release it and not even have a video for it, but that's not Carrie's style. And even those singles that take less effort to promote still take a lot of effort to promote if that makes sense. I'm not saying the label didn't have a hand in this decision but I don't think they twisted Carrie's hand in this. They definitely talked about it.
Carrie has tweeted that she is bummed that WAW can't be a 5th single.
Thats not someone who pulled the plug on themselves.

abbeyjones18

Hmm, what makes you think so? The impression I always got from Carrie was that she'd want to release as many singles as (the label grants) she can. Especially considering how proud she was of the songs on BA, it's really a stretch for me to think she'd want to end it so soon.

Same thing with the PO era. She was so excited as to say they could release 5-6 singles off the album; no way she'd say that if she just wanted 4.

I don't know...I just have a feeling. I could be completely wrong, though. Maybe Carrie and her team were planning were many singles and then The Sound of Music gig came and their plans changed. Who knows?

carriecountrystar

When did she say that? I'm looking at her twitter page but I don't see it.

If that's true, boy was I wrong about her not caring about WAW. CARRIE WAS STANNING FOR WAW to be the 5th single?

Damn. Now it hurts even more.

countryfan2006

551288_651329861568545_253522931_n.jpg
Hillary Lindsey ‏@HillLindseyFans 2m About time to celebrate Hillary's 11th #1! http://fb.me/10mO6OUvp

gocountrymusic

Nope. Carrie is expressing disappointment that it is over.
She wanted WAW to be the next single.

She can't be sad that the era is over? Just because she is sad that WAW isn't a single doesn't mean that she did have a voice in that decision. I'm explaining myself terribly and I'm sorry for that. Last era we didn't know what was going to happen. This era, Carrie let us know. So now she might feel more free to talk about it. I guess I interpreted what she said as a DYTAM scenario. Its all bittersweet. She's thinking on the possibility of what could have been but is happy with decision made and moving forward with everything else she has going on.

nccountrygal

Did she really tweet that! If so I am really bummed! I really wanted that to be a single too! I have to say that I really don't understand why there is no 5th single as well. There are 4 more months of this year and she will not even start working on the 5th album until 2014. It really does not make any sense that they would not release a 5th single. I really hate to bring Miranda into this but she will have an album out way before Carrie so why did they release a 5th single from her album. This really does not make sense to me.

Okay I just read the above post that she didn't really tweet that but still I am bummed! I just don't understand her label. She has some really great country sounding songs on BA and at least one of them should have been released as a single!

pklongbeach

She can't be sad that the era is over? Just because she is sad that WAW isn't a single doesn't mean that she did have a voice in that decision. I'm explaining myself terribly and I'm sorry for that. Last era we didn't know what was going to happen. This era, Carrie let us know. So now she might feel more free to talk about it. I guess I interpreted what she said as a DYTAM scenario. Its all bittersweet. She's thinking on the possibility of what could have been but is happy with decision made and moving forward with everything else she has going on.

The tweet I was quoting was from someone else.

so my bad.

But I still stand by my gut feeling. No artist wants their music to go unheard.

No one says, "oh, please stop releasing my music out to people so they can hopefully enjoy it."

Anyway, accepting it will be the easy part. Living with it will be harder.

countryfan2006

Did she really tweet that! If so I am really bummed! I really wanted that to be a single too! I have to say that I really don't understand why there is no 5th single as well. There are 4 more months of this year and she will not even start working on the 5th album until 2014. It really does not make any sense that they would not release a 5th single. I really hate to bring Miranda into this but she will have an album out way before Carrie so why did they release a 5th single from her album. This really does not make sense to me.

No it was someone who was replying to another person's tweet. I haven't seen a tweet from Carrie herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.