Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See You Again

twaintrain

My grandpa is 90 years old and he's been in a nursing home for the last couple of years after he had a stroke and it became almost impossible for him to communicate and get around. Well he had to go to the hospital yesterday and it did not look like he was going to last much longer. Well I called my mom this afternoon to check on him and she told me he had passed away. I made it through the phone call okay but after I hung up I felt myself about to burst into tears. At that moment, "See You Again" came on and I smiled because I know that's true. It put me at ease and I felt a lot better. I've always really liked the song but now it has a whole new meaning and I absolutely love it!:)

cassie2

Staff member
Dustin please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved Grandfather. May the peace which comes from the memories of your times spent with your Grandpa comfort you now and in the days ahead.
Very happy that Carrie's lovely song "See You Again" brought you some comfort. Temporary Home was rising to #1 when I lost both my mom and dad and I know exactly how Our Carrie's voice and lyrics can have such a powerful effect on us when we need it the most!

jaylee50

It seems angels are sent when needed most. See You Again is one of my favorite songs on the BA album. I'm so happy you found comfort in it. My thoughts are with you.

Louisa

What a touching story. I'm sorry for your loss. You're right, it's never easy to lose someone you love. I'm glad that you found comfort in Carrie's music. Thank you for sharing your story with us, twaintrain.

chris07

So sorry about your grandfather. I love this so song so much. My brother died two weeks ago from lukemia and it makes me think of him when I hear it ... which is several times a day. I had hoped we could play it at his wake but my family had already picked out the music. When I played it for my sister she cried and said she wished we had played it. She now is telling everyone about it and Blown Away which she also loves. I just hope Carrie knows how much See You Again has helped me with my brothers death...it is such a healing song for me.

Last edited: