Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shooting in Oregon High School

william0102

Guns aren't the problem. Gun control laws and their inability to get passed because of the manufacturers and NRA is a huge part of the problem.

Marie2011

Guns do not kill people, people kill people, we should focus less on gun control an more on how to prevent someone from purchasing a gun a going on a shooting rampage.

epicamends

Guns do not kill people, people kill people, we should focus less on gun control an more on how to prevent someone from purchasing a gun a going on a shooting rampage.

That's kind of exactly what gun control is about. Preventing the purchase of guns by someone who shouldn't be owning guns.

However it's not all about gun control - better mental health care should be a top priority as well.

carebearcarrie

That's kind of exactly what gun control is about. Preventing the purchase of guns by someone who shouldn't be owning guns.

However it's not all about gun control - better mental health care should be a top priority as well.

Amen to the better mental health care.

It's scary! My uncle is a teacher at this school! Luckily he's ok.

clh_hilary

Guns are a lot more problematic than other weapons because it's so much easier to kill with a gun than with a knife.

HuiZ

Just how many more cases like this do they need for gun controls?! It is pure stupidity!

I will be honest.... looking from the outside, having never been to US before... all these constant cases of people going crazy with their guns (schools, malls, theatres, drive-bys etc)..... doesn't exactly make me want to visit the country much. Yes, it's generalization, but that's just the impression I get from news etc...

lolita55

Just how many more cases like this do they need for gun controls?! It is pure stupidity!

I will be honest.... looking from the outside, having never been to US before... all these constant cases of people going crazy with their guns (schools, malls, theatres, drive-bys etc)..... doesn't exactly make me want to visit the country much. Yes, it's generalization, but that's just the impression I get from news etc...

The main problem isthe mental health issue is not being addressed like it should, all of these mass shootings ike this are from people who have deep psychological issues.. I would never do that, and I am betting that everyone on this board would never do it.. Whether or not we want to face this problem, Bad people, people with issues etc..always find ways to get guns and other weapons to do people harm, if they so wish..

bigbluegrl23

Ask all the other developed countries who don't have massive amounts of shootings the way we do. Mental health problems aren't special to the US........

liz278

If someone did a study to find out of all the shootings in the US, how many of them have some serious mental issues. We are not dealing with the issues, we are throwing drugs at them hoping that whatever ails them will be fixed with drugs. I'm sorry to say, but giving people medicine to deal with serious mental issues is not going to solve the problem. We can pass all kinds of gun control, but until we really deal with the mental health of all people, we will still have shootings.

I work in a school and it is scary to think that someone can come to my school and shoot some kids or teachers. But I also see some of the parents with some serious issues and they scare me sometimes. But, they don't think they have any issues, its all the problem of the school. Or, we aren't dealing with some issue the way they want.

I don't have any answers on how to deal with the mental issues of the people who are angry enough to kill, but I know that we need to find some.

clh_hilary

The main problem isthe mental health issue is not being addressed like it should, all of these mass shootings ike this are from people who have deep psychological issues.. I would never do that, and I am betting that everyone on this board would never do it.. Whether or not we want to face this problem, Bad people, people with issues etc..always find ways to get guns and other weapons to do people harm, if they so wish..

It is a lot easier to kill people with a gun than with other weapons such as a knife. A lot easier to mass murder, a lot easier to quickly kill, and a lot easier to pull the trigger than to stab closely.

gocountrymusic

I feel its not an either or situation (which a lot of politicians seem to insist on making it). It is both under researched mental health issues and still there are flaws in gun control. Yes people kill people but its also a lot easier with gun. Side psychology fact. It been proven that knowing that there is a gun in the room can increase the level of aggression in a person.

HuiZ

I feel its not an either or situation (which a lot of politicians seem to insist on making it). It is both under researched mental health issues and still there are flaws in gun control. Yes people kill people but its also a lot easier with gun. Side psychology fact. It been proven that knowing that there is a gun in the room can increase the level of aggression in a person.
Definitely not an either or issue. Politicians just have their own agenda, not the best interests of the public at heart.

Both issues need to addressed better.