Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon praises Carrie!!!!

Zman312

Ellen interviewed Simon and he mention Carrie being his favorite and that he likes her because she is authentic!!! (This was when before the top 24 performed)!!!

Ellen said one thing that caught my attention: "I would like to see country make a comeback!"

As I have mentioned before I never listened to country before and am not aware of it's history. But I remember people saying how Carrie revived country back to mainstream and Ellen statement, at least to me, justifies it! Carrie was known as the COUNTRY SINGER and people payed attention! Martina and Rascal Flatts probably gained some extra fans due to Carrie's performances!

THANK YOU ELLEN and SIMON!!!!

Jade_kt

Except for the occasional Faith/Shania Twain song, I hated Country music before Carrie came along and wouldn't be caught dead listening to it. Now I appreciate it more and like listening to it. Carrie was the one who got me to follow/listen to country music.

Last edited:

hjj

Definitely Rascal Flatts received some new attention due to Carrie and singing w/ her on the finale. They did mention it in one of their special interview on gac or cmt or something like that.

kaileigh

To tell you the truth, I've never known country that much, until Carrie came in... And now, wham! I'm country here and there! So, thank God for Carrie! :)

pklongbeach

I was aware enough of country music before Carrie mostly because I had a few friends who had moved out to Calirfornia from back east and they knew it. And because I have been singing my whole life it is hard to avoid crossover singers like Dolly/Rodgers and others.
But I was always aware that country was a small pond and that the workings within were very calculated. Either you were in or you were not. And if you were in you were set to a certain tier of industry focus. And it would change for most artists very quickly. Having a top 10 hit (or even a top 3) proved very little about your bility to stay relevant in country music. Through out the 80's and 90's there are probably 100's of artists who had top 5 hits that you have never heard of. And never will again. Other than the top tier artists and those that were able to come back enough times to just be accepted as one, most country singers come and go in the blink of an eye.
So with Carrie, I was not even sure I wanted her to be relegated to the country scene even though I knew she wanted to be a country singer similar to a Martina or a Faith. My highest hopes for her was that she would end up on the cover of "a" magazine, or have "a" hit record. Or even have the slim possiblility of having a legitimate footprint in the industry's history.
Never could I have dreamed that she would become so entrenched and such a recognizable figure in country that most other women short of a fine few pale by comparison.
It really is amazing.
and even with the Ts's (and the industrys attempts to recreate Carrie with ML) Carrie continues to be the publics perception of what a talented successful contemporary country singer looks like.
It's funny cause I was talking to a College professor friend of mine (who manages to stay far from the pop media) about the difference between CU and ML and she had no idea who ML was but she mentioned "I don't really like that Underwood girl" (she did not like her "goody tooshoes" personality) But I was frankly blown away by the fact that she knew of her at all.
Carrie has really saturated the whole of the public concience in an amazing way.
And no, her personality and the personna she projects is not for everyone. Thats why we have Lady Gaga. But the fact that you can have a country singer who reaches so far beyond the realm of Nashville is pretty cool.

jerandjan

Thanks so much PKLONGBEACH...Well Said!!

However that said, I have been a life-long country music fan and even 'briefly' even conisdered following that career myself...yearssssssssssss ago!! That said, I have evolved right along with country music. So that now, while I still love to listen to 'hillbilly' and 'mountain music' I can truthfully say that Carrie is the epitomy of it all.

Thanks again!!

DizzyDollyDee

I've only enjoyed what people are calling contemporary or modern country. I can appreciate talent of artists, such as ML, who have what I call the "twang" but its not what draws my interest. I hear it, will say its good but never even think to buy it. Her twang in THTBM is not so strong so think thats why its more mainstream and universally liked. Carrie is the one who got me to accept more of the music than I had been. But I think she has also opened the door to more contemporary singers. I'm a firm believer there should be room for both. I'm also interested in "the full pkg" and Carrie offers that. She is an unbelievable artist but a truly good person. Personality means a lot to me for my support. Gretchen, Miranda and Blake who have talent will never interest me as they thrive on sharing their party life style. Carrie isn't a tea totaller but shes never felt like thats what she stood for. But know there has to be artists for everyone so . . . . .But I do think her "nice" attitude has been a turn off to some just like Blakes has been a turn off to me. I love love Blakes voice but I'm struggling being a fan when all he wants to talk about is his partying.

wonton

I was a country fan prior to seeing Carrie on AI being raised with music from Patsy Cline, John Michael Montgomery and Alan Jackson, and it's part of why I really rooted for Carrie to do well. Her win really did elevate country music in a big way, and brought in a ton of new listeners that made it possible for TS popular. It's kind of a stepping stone process for revolutionary female country artists, dolly, reba, shania, faith, carrie, taylor. All have made big leaps for country music.