Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Somethin' Bad Charting on Australian Country Airplay! MASSIVE DEBUT: AUSSIE SMASH!!

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

Somethin' Bad Charting on Australian Country Airplay ("Hot Country Songs")!

Australian Country Music Airplay Chart « Country Music Charts

Hey all!

Guess what...exciting news from Australia!!

Somethin' Bad has debuted at NUMBER 2 on our new Country Airplay Chart after only 2 weeks on the overall top 50!! This is the first single for both Carrie and Miranda on this new chart and therefore their highest debut and peak (thus far...) ever achieved by either of them here in Australia. This is a new chart here in Australia and is based on a combination of radio airplay and plays/postion on CMC (Country Music Channel - which plays music videos..) and its top 30 countdown chart. It runs with a mediabase style points system (formula unknown) but is our version of Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart.

In summary, SB peaked at no.2 on this chart. Both Carrie and Miranda are still to hit no.1 in Australia on this chart and in country radio airplay (see seperate thread).

-Adrian

Last edited:

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

SB falls off the top 20 airplay chart this week, believe it or not. This is because this new country airplay chart is the Aussie version of Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart and is based off a combination of radio airplay and CMC music video plays. SB lost its big first week video plays on CMC this week because it returned to normal airplay level for its current position after being the "Country Pick" last week (its first week) where it received heavy airplay before debuting on the CMC Top 30 chart. I'm sure SB is only just starting to impact radio airplay and this will increase over the next few months where it will help it on this chart. This can be seen with Miranda's Auromatic which is rising again because its increasing radio airplay after its CMC peak.

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

SB dropped to no.28 last week with its loss on initial airplay from being "Country Pick" for a week but rises 8 spots to no.20 this week as it moves back into a normal airplay progression. We should see steady increasing updates from here on in.

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

SB drops a spot to no.3 this week as it drops in points and gets passed by LadyA's Bartender. I'm not sure if SB will make it to no.1 given that LadyA is receiving more airplay on country radio than SB, most probably because Bartender is the lead single and LadyA had a gap before that with music whilst Automatic was still top20 and receiving good airplay on radio when Somethin' Bad was released here. So, it's hard to tell but SB's airplay on country radio may be still rising so we'll have to wait and see what happens. CMC airplay contributes heavily towards this chart and Somethin' Bad is peaking in plays (while it's now number 1 - yay) there at the moment, so it's up to radio to give SB a boost now.

Nonetheless at the current time, Somethin' Bad is Carrie's 2nd best charting single in airplay in Australia and Miranda's best! Carrie's I Told You So is Carrie's biggest Australian hit, which spent 4 weeks at no.2.

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

This week SB is down 7 spots to number 14.

Please revise the first post on this thread and review the following information:

I want to clarify that this chart is our version of Billboard's current Hot Country Songs (minus the streaming). It is based on a combination of radio airplay, number of plays per week (the music videos of the singles...) on CMC and its position on the CMC Top 30 Countdown chart. This chart runs by a mediabase style points system (formula unknown).

SB is also starting to impact Australian country radio and is on its associated chart (which I use to publish before the "Hot Country Songs" style chart was introduced). The country radio chart (based solely on radio airplay) is now published in a top 40 format, up from the old top 20. Somethin' Bad is currently no.32 on this chart after 4 weeks on it. It's peak has been no.18. I believe the flucuation is due to SB being 'new' to Australian country radio. All songs seem to fluctuate until they reach the top 20 or 15. I have made a new thread for this chart.