Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stefano Langone Reveals S10 Romance, Poor Pay for Summer Tour

Claire2004

Stefano Langone Reveals S10 Romance, Poor Pay for Summer Tour

Ha ha ha ha. Stefano Langone lets it totally out of the bag that he and Pia Toscano were “close” during the Season 10 competition in this interview with the Johnjay and Rich radio show.

No joke, he TOTALLY USED AIR QUOTES around the word “close” when describing his relationship to Pia at the time she was eliminated. You might remember (or not!) that they were in the bottom 2 together.

“Did you get dumped for Mark Ballas?” the DJ asks. “I guess…right?” says Stefano. “It is what it is.” These days, rumor has it that Stefano is dating another season 10 alum, Haley Reinhart.

He also claims, that because the Season 9 tour TOTALLY tanked, the Season 10 Top 10 suffered a severe pay cut. The irony is that the Season 10 tour actually did pretty well. Poor kids. And they worked so hard!

Stefano Langone Reveals S10 Romance, Poor Pay for Summer Tour | American Idol, Stefano Langone | mjsbigblog

Here is the YouTube video of this interview posted at mjsbigblog:

gocountrymusic

I feel like looking about the opportunity they were given, he really shouldn't be commenting on how the pay isn't good. People would love to be in his shoes, a lot I'm sure would do it for free.

HuiZ

Weren't there rumours during the tour that Stefano was letting the fame get to his head?

supercarriefan

Weren't there rumours during the tour that Stefano was letting the fame get to his head?

Some fans claim that they didn't have a pleasant experience with him during the meet and greets and at the busses. Other fans claim he was great. It does seem to give the impression that he thinks quite highly of himself though.

So, he is claiming he and Pia were "close" at the time of her departure, huh lol? Rumor is that he was dating Haley during tour. Hmm...wonder how Pia and Haley feel about all of this?
In regards to the money issue, he doesn't need to air such things in public. That is something to complain about in private circles, but not in front of the media. It comes across as having a sense of entitlement, and the placing of blame on Season 9 is getting so old.

dylan007

I feel like looking about the opportunity they were given, he really shouldn't be commenting on how the pay isn't good. People would love to be in his shoes, a lot I'm sure would do it for free.

I've seen the pay, and I gotta agree with him - it isn't good. The thing is, people think that Idol contestants live a very glamorous life while on the show, and that because of the tour or the album sales alter (if they get a record deal), they're set for life. No they're not. Very far from it. After the tour, a lot of these Idols do go back to odd jobs to support themselves and their dream of getting that record deal.

Also, another misconception out there is that, if someone lost their Idol money, it's because they didn't save hard enough or splurged on anything that they could see. Thus it's their fault they lose their money. Being in the business, when you go out there on your own after the tour, and without a record deal, truth is, you gotta pay a lot of expenses yourself. You have to hire an agent and a business manager. Then you still pay for vocal coaches and/or vocal schools. Then you also pay for studio use if you want to cut some demo songs to submit to a label hoping they would give you a deal. On top of that, you gotta live somewhere and you gotta eat. And it's hard to have a regular 9-5 job to support yourself because you're peddling demos to record labels or having meetings with agents or producers, or having auditions, etc., so that money is gonna fly fast. Pursuing this kind of dream is really blood, sweat and tears.

And that is already the ideal situation. Sometimes, it can go as bad as your agent/manger scamming you.

Being in a business related to the music industry, I now have much more empathy for these Idols who don't win. It's not easy. Are you gonna give up your dream so you can live comfortably with a 9-5 job? Or are you gonna pursue it all the way to the end even if it may figuratively kill you?

There's a slideshow on the Daily Beast about 77 Idol finalists back from Season 1 named Where are They Now. For anyone who's an aspiring Idol contestant, that is a good read, and maybe a good wake-up call to ground and prepare yourself for reality for life after Idol.

supercarriefan

I read through the Daily Beast Idol special the other day. It is quite eye-opening. Some contestants had really great insights. Others, of course, were just whining lol.
I think that so many people go on these competition shows with visions of becoming a superstar, yet the reality is that very few actually get there. For most, it is an uphill battle. Once the show ends, the real work begins. I think that anyone who wants to appear on these shows should do their research. They need to find out exactly what they are getting themselves into. I've seen far too many people come off Idol over the years with a bad attitude because they thought it would be easier to become a star. I cringe everytime I read that a booted Idol thinks they are immediately going to get signed, win awards, and get all the perks of being a celeb. That's not the reality of the situation. Most winners of these shows don't get some of those perks.