Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong review of Cry Pretty on NPR

Farawayhills

I like the fact that CP is getting positive notice from some of the more Roots-leaning review sites. Here another, from Wide Open Country:

" Carrie Underwood’s short clip of her upcoming music video for “Cry Pretty” will prepare you for the video that promises to be simultaneously fabulous and vulnerable. Since “Cry Pretty” is an ode to taking off one’s mask and letting emotions out, the video will definitely reflect rawness and fragility. But since the video serves as a comeback for the country star, viewers will also see Underwood looking stylish and as stunning as ever." (Kelli McDonald)

Carrie Underwood Teases New Video for 'Cry Pretty'

sco

Faraway I don’t know if you’ve seen the full video but that prediction was pretty spot on. There will undoubtedly be people who wanted more of a story but to me the video is beautifully done. It captures the dichotomy of being a famous icon. It’s glamorous but also incredibly lonely at times. It reminded me of a scene from an MTV special when Carrie first started when it was clear she was feeling isolated. It was heartbreaking to watch as she was so young and vulnerable at the time.