Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sugarland 2018

cmuf2011

You heard it first on the @bobbybonesshow! New music and a 2018 tour are coming your way… Sign up for all the updates at (link: http://sugarlandmusic.com) sugarlandmusic.com. #dreamscometrue

Best news of the day imo

txacar

I'm happy they're back. Pretty good song, but very pop. They are so good -- was hoping for something more country.

gocountrymusic

I'm happy they're back. Pretty good song, but very pop. They are so good -- was hoping for something more country.

I have basically the same sentiments for this song. The very beginning sounds like a Leann Rimes song when she was going pop, the chorus sounds like it would fit on their Incredible Machine album and the bridge has their signature quirkiness.

I really enjoyed. I listened to it two more times and enjoyed it more I do wish it was more country but I think its a solid return song.

Farawayhills

This is the track list for their forthcoming album "Bigger" (their first major joint release for about eight years)

1. “Bigger” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
2. “On A Roll” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
3. “Let Me Remind You” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
4. “Mother” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
5. “Still The Same” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
6. “Lean It On Back” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
7. “Babe (featuring Taylor Swift)” | Taylor Swift, Pat Monahan
8. “Bird In A Cage” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
9. “Love Me Like I’m Leaving” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles, Tim Owens
10. “Tuesday’s Broken” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
11. “Not The Only” | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles

Their last album was experimental (One track, "Stuck Like Glue", did well on Country radio, but, for me, that proved a too chirpy novelty song, with a Caribbean influence that I felt didn't really show either musician at their best ). For my part, I prefer Jennifer on soulful ballads, and Kristian on Rock. On the whole, that last album release struck me as generally more in sympathy with the group's origins, on the Atlanta Alternative scene, in a musical sphere dominated by the Indigo Girls - so I would expect most of their new work to continue in broadly the same direction, rather than being closer to Mainstream Country.

The new disc will include "Babe", a song that Taylor Swift co-wrote with Patrick Monahan, of Train (who had also collaborated in other work with Ashley Monroe, and been covered in concert by the Dixie Chicks). They wrote "Babe" about five years ago, in Taylor's "Red" album era - which contained what I consider some of her best work, albeit in a pretty mixed (and, as it proved, transitional) output. "Babe" had not been recorded earlier, so it's taken up as a new release by Sugarland. Taylor herself joined them to sing n the choruses

Kizmet311

I listened to Babe this morning. It's a catchy enough song and I'm sure having Taylor on it will help it reach a wider audience. I don't think it's a great song, but it's good.

Last edited:

Hil

I love Sugarland. I hope their return is a success. I have tickets to their tour, excited to see them again after so long.

Smokyiiis

Has some cutesy catch phrases in it and the beat is good. I can see it garnering some attention for them. Sugarland usually comes to Austin rather than San Antonio so I don’t get to normally see them in concert.

clh_hilary

They shouldn't have taken such a long break. It was always going to be an uphill battle finding success after an underperforming era, and worse when it's such a long break, especially after a failed solo project.

I really loved their last two albums, but all three tracks so far have been very underwhelming, and to me, it's just getting worse and worse.