Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temporary Home

Jade_kt

You guys should read some of the comments on Carrie's Temporary Home video. So glad Carrie released this song as it's a very special song and has touched so many lives.

Jade_kt

Here is one comment for example:

Many people have put me down in the past & when I found out my mom had cancer, I was ready to kill myself,was so close to doing it, I held the knife near my chest & thought who would even care if i was gone? But I turned on my Radio & this song was on, I just sat & remembered that im not alone here god was with me 4 every step I took & every hateful word people said to me, he sat there waiting to lift me up and soak up my tears. Were would I be now if I didnt hear it? Thank u god 4 saving me!

Carrieflattsfan

Here is one comment for example:

Thanks so much for sharing that with us. The power of music is incredible, and I truly believe Carrie's voice and songs contribute so much positivity, joy and hope to the world. She was given a gift, but I believe WE were the ones who were given the bigger gift. Carrie's voice is not only one of the best technical voices in any genre of music, but she is one of the few who believes in using her gift to bring joy to others, in her music and her personal actions.

Too many artists don't care about the emotion & power of great music, but so much of it seems to be about image, beats, and superficial personalities.
I thank God that Carrie was given to us as someone who is passionate about her music and her beliefs, and wants nothing more than to share that with the world.

One of the reasons I love & respect Carrie so much is because she's not afraid to be who she is, and wear her heart on her sleeve. Songs like "Temporary Home," "Jesus, Take The Wheel," & "Just A Dream" would probably seem cheesy or forced in the hands of other artists, but Carrie has a way of making listeners believe every word she says, and that she lives out those beliefs in her own life.

I know critics like to criticize Carrie for not living up to her artistic potential and such, but when she turns in once-in-a-lifetime performances like the one in "Temporary Home," that all goes out the window. Carrie sings about who she is and values she lives by, from every fiber in her body. As a fan of emotional, meaningful music, this isn't something that I take lightly. It's something that is so difficult to explain in words, simply because Carrie's conviction has such an impact on me.

Jade_kt

I agree. I'm happy when Carrie wins awards and gets recognized but the real reason I follow her is because I think she is special (a God sent) and her music touches me and I feel that connection w/ her and her music and her as a person. She is just real to me and her songs have so much meaning to them. I'm so glad to be a fan of hers. Don't care what the critics think.

Carrie if you're reading this know how much your music has been an inspiration for people and gotten them through life. Continue on singing and doing what you love cause your fans would surely be disppointed if they couldn't hear your music anymore since you have touch so many lives w/ it. Can't wait for your next album and what you have in store for us.

rosie08

Well I know it is special to me..when my dad died they played it at his memorial and yes I cried like a baby,,and now it has such a special meaning to me and my family. but the weird thing is I have it on my phone and when I went back to work I broke down in the elevator and all of the sudden the song started playing in my pocket. kinda freaked me out! but I knew my dad was with me.