Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Republicans to Ban Critical Thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldesalt62

ABSOLUTELY NOT. A small community of people does NOT have the right to deny children born in the region the right to a factual, science-based education. Tomorrow a collective group of small villages may, for whatever bizarre reason, decide to educate their children that slavery never happened. Or that we must strive to topple the Union. Or that water turns into ice when it becomes cold because aliens in Mars cause it to do so.

Or that the world is flat and that we didn't evolve from apes.

No. No, no, no. A community does NOT have the right to fry their children's brains in such a manner.

So you would allow the federal government to control their education along with everything thing else. Really that is the best you can come up with. If the parents (community) don't like what is happening they can change it. Once you empower the federal government to that extent it will never go away and the communities have no choice. Show me the freedom in that. Research China or Syria or Russia if that ius what you like.

clh_hilary

I don't understand why banning critical thinking and higher order thinking is stopping the government from getting into education. Considering I'm an education student, I understand that the need for critical thinking and higher order thinking is highlighted and advocated by the academic community, not the government. The government very often stands by it because it's not only the right thing to do, but because that conclusion comes with long-time research from experienced scholars. If anything, critical thinking and higher order thinking would hinder a dictator and by wanting to ban critical thinking, Republicans are basically showing themselves as people who don't want others to question them.

On the topic of God particles, I'd like to bring y'all the good news that the discovery of such had proved that my Lord, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, exists and is the only real God. More details on the finding and His Noodliness can be found here.

bigbluegrl23

So you would allow the federal government to control their education along with everything thing else. Really that is the best you can come up with. If the parents (community) don't like what is happening they can change it. Once you empower the federal government to that extent it will never go away and the communities have no choice. Show me the freedom in that. Research China or Syria or Russia if that ius what you like.

but isn't telling kids not to question ANYTHING the worst kind of control imaginable? kids should be able to question and think for themselves in school.
Becca

oldesalt62

but isn't telling kids not to question ANYTHING the worst kind of control imaginable? kids should be able to question and think for themselves in school.
Becca

I believe kids should be taught to question everything. Thats is how they learn trust their own judgement. however Outcome based education and Higher order thinking skills have been around since the beginning of education. When you create an alliance between policy(government) and education( scholars and public education) the result is not education that promotes individual liberty and personal responsibility, it becomes an agenda driven ideology and the results emanate from faceless and mindless bureaucrats in Washington. this creates a go along and get along population. without individuality all you have is China and the like. I think we all should be scared to death about that. Chase the government out of our lives regardless of the masks they use to control us.

clh_hilary

You're still being off topic. The Republicans who wrote that showed no signs of not letting the government deciding what to teach, but the contrary. Worse still, they are trying to teach the kids to make them not to question anything.

And considering you name drop China pretty often here, I'd recommend you to get to know more about China in the modern days instead of the China 40-50 years ago.

gwade82

You're still being off topic. The Republicans who wrote that showed no signs of not letting the government deciding what to teach, but the contrary. Worse still, they are trying to teach the kids to make them not to question anything.

And considering you name drop China pretty often here, I'd recommend you to get to know more about China in the modern days instead of the China 40-50 years a

clh_hilary

And considering you name drop China pretty often here, I'd recommend you to get to know more about China in the modern days instead of the China 40-50 years a

Did you post something?

Status
Not open for further replies.