Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big C

cole

I could've sworn I'd already made a thread on this! :O
What a great show; I hope I'm not the only one here who watches!

Anyway, so Cathy Jamison is this schoolteacher who found out she has cancer, and ever since then she's basically said, screw it I'm going to live the way I want to. And, of course with that comes outrageous moments. :p

What a great season this year! Ok, so last season left off with Cathy's husband, Paul, dying for 3 minutes because of a heart attack (probably didn't help that he snorted crack on the same day).

But this season opens with Paul alive (thank God, Oliver Platt is one of the best actors on the show, I love Paul). Also, Andrea comes back from her trip to Africa, and has been in touch with her African roots. She insists everyone call her Ababo now (I love Gaubrey Sidibe, who got her start on "Precious").

Cathy's lies just continue. She has been lying to this pub that she goes to. I think she tells them her name is Alexis, and that she is a widow who's going to flight school, so that's just messed up.

Cathy's brother, Shaun, is slowly adjusting to his new life, alone in his house. He's taken up the job of being a gay phone sex operator!! Which is funny, because Shaun is straight, and it's funny to see him deal with doing that.

What else? Cathy's son, Adam, has joined a Christian group as he continues to drift away from his parents (he found out about the affairs they both had). He met a Christian girl, but they apparantly had sex in the last episode. :eek:

And Paul is embarking on a tour with this life coach, because his new blog has inspired him to tell his life story and inspire other people.

Catch a new episode tonight!! It looks like Cathy and Paul want to adopt a baby.

cole

How sad! I'm the only one who watches the show! Oh well.....I'll just ramble to myself about it, I guess. I love it.

So Cathy and Paul are now the adoptive parents of this baby-to-be, who we found out in this most recent episode is going to be a baby girl! So Cathy is excited.

Paul continues with his inspirational tour...he's getting so big and famous, a big time movie director heard about him, and now wants to make a movie based on his and Cathy's life, with Sandra Bullock playing the role of Cathy (in the movie). However, the director (Rita somebody?) wants to kill off Cathy at the end of the movie, which upset Cathy really badly. I can imagine why.

Shaun continues to act as Adam's parent for the moment; when Adam told him and the girl were having sex, Shaun got really upset. Shaun, on the other hand, apparantly met up with this guy he talked to on the phone (despite being straight), and hooked up with him and his wife in a threesome!! Wow.

So anyway, Cathy wants to build a window for the baby's room, and is getting their surrogate dad to do it. But, the episode ended with Cathy knocking a huge hole in the wall!

Hmm, what else? Cathy continues to lie at the pub, and got some random guy's phone number.....

cole

Still the only one who watches this, I see :3

Wow! I had to wait 2 weeks this time for a new episode, so i've been in serious withdrawal this week. But, this episode Sunday will be huge!! Turns out, Cathy found out that the couple who were going to 'give' them their baby girl actually aren't pregnant at all! They have been lying! And Cathy looks like she's confronting them in the woods with a gun.....that will not be pretty. :/

Joy continues to seduce Paul as well, so we shall see how much trouble he's going to get into.

cole

BIGGEST episode of the season! Wow!!

So Cathy took the young couple out in the woods, told them she knew they'd be lying, threatened them with a gun, then made them take off all their clothes and walk home!
She also found out about Joy and Paul's affair. So she confronted Joy -- and Joy was hit by a bus and killed!!

Also, Shaun got dumped by the couple, so he is no longer in the threesome.

cole

The season just keeps getting better with each episode!

So Joy died, and Paul is obviously mourning her pretty badly. He and Cathy got in a fight; Paul revealed he knew about her lying, and she was angry with him for flirting with Joy. So it looks like they will either get divorced or spend some time apart, which sucks. I love Cathy and Paul together. :(

Andrea got fed up with Paul's demands and quit; good for her! Adam still hates Cathy, but the good thing is he's sticking to his Christian values, which I support about his character. He's a good kid after all.

So Sean and Cathy went on this scuba adventure, and it ended with Cathy swimming away from the group....the next episode shows her getting caught in some fisher's net! She keeps making this reckless decisions, and I'm afraid it's going to end up being very bad for her, more than she can handle.

Oh, and she got the call -- her cancer came back. Unsurprisingly. Next week is the season finale! I will be really sad when this show goes off.

cole

Welp, that's it!

Cathy got caught in some random fisher's net. So she gets on the boat, and he doesn't speak English. So they have a hard time understanding each other. Meanwhile, Sean is freaking out because he blames himself for losing sight of her. They all think she's dead.

Paul met some random woman, lied about his name, and told her that his wife had died of cancer....so he's doing the same thing Cathy did. What else? Andrea met a guy, and decided to stick to her name, Andrea, not Ababo.

At the end, Cathy decided to go with the fisher (who's name is Angel). So she just went sailing off into the horizon with this guy, like a crazy woman!

Great season, great ending...I can't wait for next year!