Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The straight people lifestyle thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

liz278

Well, Broker03 got his wish and got everyone to hurt each other again. I think that is what he wanted.

Lstname89

Well, Broker03 got his wish and got everyone to hurt each other again. I think that is what he wanted.

Hurt isn't quite the word I would use, It's more like pissed off.

You can't allow people who don't know any better to SADDEN you, piss you off yes, but not truly get you down about yourself.

liz278

Seantrainor, I agree with you.
Anthony, I know that in our society even in 2012 we treat gays badly. I am so saddened by that. We need to change that and I hope by Carrie saying that she doesn't want to be a Christian that uses the Bible for hate, a lot more Christians will stand up for her and say the same thing!

Farawayhills

Some Gays, some Blacks, some women, some minority groups see a need to have places where they can feel comfortable, recognition and protection for their rights, and ways of publicly expressing their pride and identity. The way society's often been structured, I think that's understandable, and deserves support.

I don't buy into the idea that majority groups are somehow being discriminated against if this happens, or that majority groups need to have similar ways of asserting their identity. I've seen arguments elsewhere criticizing the idea of equality legislation, criticizing courses in womens' studies, demanding "White Pride" marches, calling for Straights to assert themselves, justifying Northern Ireland Protestants marching through Catholic areas, etc - all in the name of saying that the majority are being disadvantaged if previously discriminated groups are given additional opportunities.

Too often, this comes across as just demanding that the previous social hierarchy stays the same, and that disadvantaged groups should just stay compliant or largely out of sight. For many, that's just not enough. When things have not been equal, assertion, pride in identity and mutual support are often necessary to advance equality - and I think that deserves understanding and support. The goal is a more inclusive society for everyone - but sometimes that requires that we first recognize that the hurt that's being caused can create special needs.

Lstname89

Some Gays, some Blacks, some women, some minority groups see a need to have places where they can feel comfortable, recognition and protection for their rights, and ways of publicly expressing their pride and identity. The way society's often been structured, I think that's understandable, and deserves support.

I don't buy into the idea that majority groups are somehow being discriminated against if this happens, or that majority groups need to have similar ways of asserting their identity. I've seen arguments elsewhere criticizing the idea of equality legislation, criticizing courses in womens' studies, demanding "White Pride" marches, calling for Straights to assert themselves, justifying Northern Ireland Protestants marching through Catholic areas, etc - all in the name of saying that the majority are being disadvantaged if previously discriminated groups are given additional opportunities.

Too often, this comes across as just demanding that the previous social hierarchy stays the same, and that disadvantaged groups should just stay compliant or largely out of sight. For many, that's just not enough. When things have not been equal, assertion, pride in identity and mutual support are often necessary to advance equality - and I think that deserves understanding and support. The goal is a more inclusive society for everyone - but sometimes that requires that we first recognize that the hurt that's being caused can create special needs.

Thank you for such an educated post!

I admire you Farawayhills.;)

12russ79

the straight lifestyle - highest divorce rate ever and still rising. it's SO sacred guys!
Becc

Yes you would think our track record at marriage would scare you guys away.... LOL

I've been Married for 35 years to the other half of my soul... I hope whether your Gay or straight you find your SOULMATE like I have.....

Daraebe

Yes you would think our track record at marriage would scare you guys away.... LOL

I've been Married for 35 years to the other half of my soul... I hope whether your Gay or straight you find your SOULMATE like I have.....

Congrats on finding you one true love and soul mate. Being happy is the ultimate goal of all of us no matter what side of the fence we maybe on. I was very lucky to find my other half 17yrs ago and will be married for 16yrs this year. Anyone of any lifestyle deserves ultimate happiness. My happiness comes from the choices I make within myself and my family. I only wish everyone else gets that same opportunity

jeff

just another fan
I'm beginning to feel that any thread, pro or anti any issue deemed to be political, should never be started on here. i gave leeway on allowing a few here and there, but maybe its just not going to happen any more, some just can't help themselves. this is why i hate political issues so much, it makes it "us" against "them".

responding to "hatred" with "hatred" will never work. name calling shouldn't be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.