Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This music video by a nobody has million of views on youtube...hilarious.watch inside

wb1

About as much talent and musicality as Taylor Swift. In today's world, she's sure to become the newest sensation.

pklongbeach

I saw this to and was going to comment on it.
My immediate reaction was the same as you guys.
It is no different than what J.Beiber and T.Swift are doing. It is the exact same. Using simple verbal imagery and the repeating of "teen" buzz words to an infectious beat that creates an immediate familiarity to it.
Which I don't have a problem with but what I find ironic is that it is becoming famous for being "so" bad and yet it sounds so much like everythng you hear at top 40 right now.
There is something surreal about that.
I would love x 2 this to become huge and hit the charts! It is only through gross exageration that people will wake up and see that the emperor has no clothes on.

Robert

About as much talent and musicality as Taylor Swift. In today's world, she's sure to become the newest sensation.

Presactly Wade. A perfect example of why I gave up on 'current' music, until the arrival of Carrie.

HuiZ

It is no different than what J.Beiber and T.Swift are doing. It is the exact same. Using simple verbal imagery and the repeating of "teen" buzz words to an infectious beat that creates an immediate familiarity to it.
I really can't understand how anyone could say "Breathe", "White Horse", "Our Song", "Last Kiss" or even the overplayed "You Belong With Me" to be on the same level as this piece of garbage from Rebecca Black.:confused:

The lyrics in this song is so ridiculously bad that it's a big joke. IMO the only Taylor lyrics that is remotely close to this song is probably "Today Was A Fairytale". No comment on Bieber since I don't know any of his songs except for "Baby".

jeff

just another fan
please keep this on topic, about the YT video. there's no need to talk about other people.

pklongbeach

I really can't understand how anyone could say "Breathe", "White Horse", "Our Song", "Last Kiss" or even the overplayed "You Belong With Me" to be on the same level as this piece of garbage from Rebecca Black.:confused:

The lyrics in this song is so ridiculously bad that it's a big joke. IMO the only Taylor lyrics that is remotely close to this song is probably "Today Was A Fairytale". No comment on Bieber since I don't know any of his songs except for "Baby".
I'll meet you at the TS thread if you wnat to have this conversation. But honestly, I am not even trying to bash it as much as you might think. I did say that I get why people respond to it.
I have already listened to it like 4 times.
Part of the interest "is" the simplicity. It is mindless. And sometimes people want mindless. It is not unlike "Mickey" or "Rock Lobster" or "Wip It".
Yes, it is childish and mundane. But there are songs (that I can't mention here) that are equal to it, but are absurd to the umpth degree because they pose as something significant when really they are not.
Anyway. I still wanna see it become a runaway hit. And at 7 mil. I would guess that it is.
Last i checked it had over 6,000 comments. I am sure it is higher now.
Go Rebecca!
"Partyin' Partyin'-Partyin' Partyin'" She's like the voice of a generation!

pklongbeach

I'm afraid "Friday" and just replaced "Sic Em on a Chicken" as my new favorite song.

"We So Excited"!

(please tell me you know I am being sarcastic......................i think)