Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticketmaster Settlement Vouchers

Kizmet311

Has anyone been keeping up with the Ticketmaster settlement? I received an email back in May that said due to some lawsuit about Ticketmaster charging excessive fees, I would be receiving vouchers for discounts in the near future. Someone posted about it on Facebook a couple days ago and I went to check my account. I had 17 codes for free GA tickets, which is actually 34 tickets, because each code is for two tickets! I also had 17 discount codes of $2.25 each! One of the articles I saw said 17 was the maximum number of discount codes you could receive. There is also a link to a website that is supposed to list the concerts that will be eligible to use these codes, but nothing is there yet. LiveNation is controlling which concerts are eligible and for each concert, only a certain number of these codes can be redeemed. The codes are good until 2020, though. Below is a link to a CNN article about it.

When you sign in to your Ticketmaster account and go to My Account, there is a place that says Vouchers/Active Vouchers you can click on to see if you have free codes. I went this morning to check and see if any events were listed yet, but they were having problems and it wasn't showing me my codes. It is for people who purchased tickets through Ticketmaster from 1999 to 2013 and I purchased a huge amount during that time. I think you can also go to the website that is going to list the events and sign up for notifications for when new events are posted.

Ticketmaster issues millions of free ticket vouchers - Jun. 19, 2016

twaintrain

I got a ton of them as well. Every single show that they are available for is already sold out though. However, I did get a lot of the discount vouchers. Hopefully I'll remember I have them.

Kizmet311

I got a ton of them as well. Every single show that they are available for is already sold out though. However, I did get a lot of the discount vouchers. Hopefully I'll remember I have them.

Yeah, apparently they only budgeted a certain dollar amount for the first year and it's all been used - something like $10 million worth of vouchers has been redeemed already, which is crazy. It says they don't expire until 2020, so I hope I will get the chance to use at least a few of my vouchers by then. The whole settlement is a little screwy. For the good country concerts like ZBB, Keith, and Dierks, there were no shows anywhere near me. I kind of wish they would have just given me a voucher for two free tickets to a concert of my choice to be used at any time. That would have been more worth it to me.