Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, Week 12

lab

Let's see theres this little Holiday coming up at the end of the year called CHRISTMAS.... And since it's gonna be BLOWN AWAYS first CHRISTMAS i bet it's gonna be very very special...BLOWN AWAY is gonna finish the year giving all CARRIEFANS a PLATINUM album for CHRISTMAS.. THIS IS A RUSSERDAMUS GUARANTEE....BLOWN AWAY WILL BE PLATINUM BY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

BRILLIANT FORECAST!!! Look at - the TIMING of the "Blown Away SINGLE". It will be DOMINATING THE "RADIO AIR WAVE" in November, 2012 BEFORE "BLACK FRIDAY". "ASSUMING", it is NOT A CROSSOVER "HIT SONG" - it is still easy for "Blown Away" album to sell MORE THAN A MILLION COPIES (COUPLED with "PUSHING SUPPLY in Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc.) - at the END OF DECEMBER, 2012. AND, I THINK "Team Carrie" will PUSH, PUSH, PUSH this SINGLE TO CROSSOVER TO "MAINSTREAM POP/ROCK RADIO AIR WAVE - WITHOUT REMIXING THE SONG" ...... "MONSTER HIT SINGLE"!!!

Burst

Actually I'm kinda surprised by the decrease. I know iTunes isn't a clear indication of album sales, but BA was doing much better on iTunes this past week. I thought her decrease would be even smaller (1-4%) or that she might have her first increase. Not that 7% is bad, I was just expecting a little better. Strange. Still pretty good sales though.

Pi314CA

Let's see theres this little Holiday coming up at the end of the year called CHRISTMAS.... And since it's gonna be BLOWN AWAYS first CHRISTMAS i bet it's gonna be very very special...BLOWN AWAY is gonna finish the year giving all CARRIEFANS a PLATINUM album for CHRISTMAS.. THIS IS A RUSSERDAMUS GUARANTEE....BLOWN AWAY WILL BE PLATINUM BY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

With 13k this past week, BA has sold 644k. If BA sells 13k for the next 15 weeks leading up to the CMAs, and 20k for the next 8 weeks which brings us to the end of the year, then the total sales would be 999k. Looks like Russerdamus has a solid prediction here! :)

Somehow, I think the sales will be better than that. :)

Pi314CA

Actually I'm kinda surprised by the decrease. I know iTunes isn't a clear indication of album sales, but BA was doing much better on iTunes this past week. I thought her decrease would be even smaller (1-4%) or that she might have her first increase. Not that 7% is bad, I was just expecting a little better. Strange. Still pretty good sales though.

After the initial few weeks, the digital sales for BA album is just a very small percentage of the overall sales. I would guess this to be in the 5% range. With just iTunes and Amazon's mp3 making up practically all of the digital sales, the iTunes ranking is not a good indicator for album sales.

teesharky

At this rate though, BA will not cross 700k until September unless she starts to get some increases...which is doubtful based on the history of sales thus far for this era.

So then it will take 20 more weeks to get to 900k, which should be enough to certify Platinum as it is based on shipments. 20 more weeks is 5 months from September, which is January/February 2013.

However, hopefully the CMAS and Xmas season will boost her a little above 15k-20k a week which should help....but unless the album goes on sale or is in the Black Friday flyers, etc-- I am not expecting massive 100k sales weeks for Xmas. Retailers will not stock her cd on that level due to her current pace of 10k a week.

judes

I think when fans hear her singles as they are released it's going to greatly affect the album sales to the good - Blown Away the song, is just getting started on radio and the video is just coming out to make people aware of the song, it's going to be a huge hit for her.

maria4hitz

I'm sure there will be some tv promo for Blown Away, plus award shows and holiday sales will put the album at 1 million at the end of the year or sooner. Album sales are doing pretty good considering she hasn't done any promo in months, the single is #28 on the country chart and it doesn't have a music video yet.

lab

Carrie Underwood, Blown Away (26,000, +54%, 263,000)

Carrie Underwood, Good Girl (22,000, -15%, 1.233 million)

Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (8,000, -5%, 3.534 million)

Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood, Remind Me (7,000, -14%, 1.599 million)

Carrie Underwood, How Great Thou Art (2,000, -6%, 348,000)

'Idol' track sales: Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood

WOW!!! Look at the sales of "Blown Away SINGLE". JUST FOR TWO "LIVE PERFORMANCES" and being #30 or #31 in the country radio charts - which INDICATES that "RADIO LISTENERS" - will "LIKE VERY MUCH" this music.

"Team Carrie's KEY MOVES": (The only thing they can do right now is BUILD MOMENTUM in PREPARATION for "BLACK FRIDAY and CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON" - "WHEN the music market OPEN THEIR WALLET".) -

1. Airplay - the TIMING is that - it will be NUMBER ONE IN COUNTRY RADIO CHARTS at "AROUND", WEEK ENDING of October 22, 2012 - October 28, 2012. Then, I THINK, they will PUSH, PUSH, PUSH this single to mainstream pop/rock radio air wave "WITHOUT REMIXING THE SONG" from October 29, 2012 UNTIL "Thanksgiving Day".

2. CMA - "Co-hosting with Brad Paisely and LIVE PERFORMANCE of Blown Away SINGLE."

3. Blown Away Live Concert Tours - they scheduled this FROM September 14, 2012 TO December 22, 2012.

4. PUSH Supply (Blown Away ALBUM) - SONY/ARISTA NASHVILLE has ESTABLISHED CONTACTS and CLOUT to "push supply" FOR "BLACK FRIDAY and CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON" - to "Walmart", "Target", "Best Buy", etc.

5. RADIO INTERVIEWS - STARTING last week of October, 2012 until Thanksgiving Day.

6. Other PRESS RELEASES and other LIVE PERFORMANCES of "Blown Away SINGLE" before "Thanksgiving Day".

In short - "SYNCHRONIZED "PROMOTION CAMPAIGN and PUBLICITY CAMPAIGN" - FOR - "BLACK FRIDAY and CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON"!!!!!

wonderboy

She has many other singles on Blown Away that could make her an even bigger superstar...I wonder what the next single will be. She should do something different like One Way Ticket or Wine After Whiskey, something people haven't heard like from her before.

Burst

Not sure where to put this, but Carrie did well in Canada this week. She jumped from 33 to 15 with Blown Away (album) :)