Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, Week 16

Manchs

I'm interested to know...How many albums released in previous years have sold 700k in 2012? Obviously Adele's 21 (and maybe 19 as well ? )...Any others? Have only 6 albums exceeded 700k sales this year?

Swift is a shoe-in for biggest selling album at this rate :/

Adele has sold 3.7 million this year, and it's not even the Billboard year. She sold like 200k+ for weeks in November/December. Adele won't stop selling, so, Taylor ain't getting the biggest selling album. No way she's selling 4 million+ in two months. Adele is taking that title... again... <3

19 has sold a bit more than 500k btw. Luke Bryan is inside the top 10, a spot above Carrie (she's #8, he's #7 for the biggest selling albums this year).

Pi314CA

I'm interested to know...How many albums released in previous years have sold 700k in 2012? Obviously Adele's 21 (and maybe 19 as well ? )...Any others? Have only 6 albums exceeded 700k sales this year?

Swift is a shoe-in for biggest selling album at this rate :/

I don't think Swift will beat Adele's 21 for the best selling album in 2012. "21" has sold over 3.8 million this year, in part due to the HUGE Grammy boost.

Three albums released in previous years have sold over 700k this year:

Adele's "21": 3.81 million
Whitney Houston Greatest Hits: ~840k
Tailgates and Tanlines: ~715k

By the way, Adele's "19" has sold around 600k-625k thus far in 2012.

PRGuy79

With this week's sales of 17k, Blown Away becomes the 5th album released in 2012 to cross the 700k mark. This is quite an achievement considering that there has not been any 'fire' sale (e.g. $2.99 price point).

1. Up All Night - One Direction (~1.1 million)
2. Tuskegee - Lionel Richie (~975k)
3. Believe - Justin Bieber (~780k)
4. Now 41 - various artists (~745k)
5. Blown Away - Carrie Underwood (~706k)

And the trend of Blown Away album sales matching Carrie's twitter followers continues! Her album sales surge to 706,000 as her twitter followers top 706,000. This is really interesting!

Anyway, so pleased to see the increase in sales this week. Go Carrie! Go Blown Away!

Daraebe

Whaaaat kellys album is on sale on the week i dont go to best buy!!! Excuse im gonnna se if they still hve it on sale i love me some kelly!!! Lol and woooohooo to the up in sales :d

It is on sale at Target this week if you want to buy it online for $6.99. I think the best buy sale in expired as it was only for last week

Mirasa45A

With this week's sales of 17k, Blown Away becomes the 5th album released in 2012 to cross the 700k mark. This is quite an achievement considering that there has not been any 'fire' sale (e.g. $2.99 price point).

1. Up All Night - One Direction (~1.1 million)
2. Tuskegee - Lionel Richie (~975k)
3. Believe - Justin Bieber (~780k)
4. Now 41 - various artists (~745k)
5. Blown Away - Carrie Underwood (~706k)

Very nice -- Carrie is at number 5 on the list - for a country album, it's very good (Note: I do not consider "Tuskegee" a country album because it's a collection of pop songs sung by a country artists :)).

bluevelvet85

this is for the billboard year not the calendar year. Carrie is doing well but look at what SWSRN's new single sold last week 623,000 giving her the biggest single week for a female ever and 2nd largest week over all biggest being Right Round by flo rida which sold 636k it's first week

opry051008

this is for the billboard year not the calendar year. Carrie is doing well but look at what SWSRN's new single sold last week 623,000 giving her the biggest single week for a female ever and 2nd largest week over all biggest being Right Round by flo rida which sold 636k it's first week

You do realize we are talking about Carrie's album sales not single sales? :confused: You should probably go over to the Taylor thread and post there.

teesharky

Taylor is doing well for a pop artist.

Carrie is doing great for a country artist.

opry051008

Taylor is doing well for a pop artist.

Carrie is doing great for a country artist.

I don't understand why Taylor's song is listed under country if it's not even the country version? That would tell the real story if she had released both to iTunes at the same time.

bs63093

ok i am SUUUUUPER PISSED, first BA(song) back at #14 on itunes and TS SPeak now album is ahead of carrie by 1 spot on itunes -____________- what in the HEEELLLL, please someone give me good news to calm me down

opry051008

ok i am SUUUUUPER PISSED, first BA(song) back at #14 on itunes and TS SPeak now album is ahead of carrie by 1 spot on itunes -____________- what in the HEEELLLL, please someone give me good news to calm me down

This happens all the time. Albums on sale always jump in front of Carrie on iTunes and eventually they drop back down and Carrie stays up there. :)