Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, Week 17

NC State Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away," which cracked the top 30 last week, tops the 1 million mark this week. It's Underwood's 10th million-seller, a total topped by only one country artist in digital history. Taylor Swift has had 16. Josh Kear and Chris Tompkins, who co-wrote Underwood's best-selling hit, "Before He Cheats," also did the honors on "Blown Away."

This was on Chart Watch Extra...kinda confused

Daraebe

Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away," which cracked the top 30 last week, tops the 1 million mark this week. It's Underwood's 10th million-seller, a total topped by only one country artist in digital history. Taylor Swift has had 16. Josh Kear and Chris Tompkins, who co-wrote Underwood's best-selling hit, "Before He Cheats," also did the honors on "Blown Away."

This was on Chart Watch Extra...kinda confused

Yeah, not sure where they are getting the numbers from

teesharky

Carrie has 11 if you count remind me.

But i think that is a mistake. She is 400k away from platinum.

pgk

Is Kelly's album still on sale? I noticed on Idol Chatter that Kelly is listed first on billboard with 15000 and Carrie is listed a couple of spots down from her, also with 15000. How does that work? Also the HDD's original prediction for Kelly was off by a couple of thousand?

pgk

Why did Kelly go up 34%?? It must have been on sale again. She almost tied Carrie. Odd.

And that's part of my confusion...on billboard Kelly is ahead of Carrie by I think two spots..so how does that figure when Idol Chatter reported both at 15000? Maybe I'm not seeing it right?

Daraebe

Because Idol Chatter just rounds the numbers as they are not allowed to pose the exact numbers so the difference between the two could be just a few cd's. Kelly has been on sale for the last 2 weeks.

teesharky

yeah but a 34% jump is massive. She shouldn't have passed Carrie so soon in Carrie's album cycle.

hjj

Kelly has had a good run w/ this era. Her radio play has been fantastic and single sales to go along w/ it. I'm sure they want to get her over the million for the album. I don't believe the last two made it yet.

maria4hitz

Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" was on sale even with its physical copies this past week.
I think only the physical copies were on sale. The standard edition is on sale this week on itunes.
In my opinion they just want the album to reach platinum and they're doing everything they can, My December (2007) sold 835k copies and All I ever wanted (2009) was at 945k a few weeks ago. Reaching platinum would be great for her.

17 16 17 21 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE BLOWN AWAY 14903 -17 17899 721639

31 109 67 73 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE SOME HEARTS 1936 -11 2165 7230037

60 110 187 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE PLAY ON 1277 -26 1718 2132216