Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Week 100, Blown Away Era

clh_hilary

It's just the way of the music industry. Especially with free streaming outlets like Spotify. You don't even have to buy albums to hear them, unless you do like Taylor and don't allow your album to be on there initially.

Her sales have dropped too.

clh_hilary

I agree... I actually do like SH, but you could tell that it was an album that was just thrown together.

What I didn't fancy too much about it was that it felt very sugar-coated. It doesn't feel 'authentic' if you know what I mean. All of her latter albums feel more like actual bodies of work.

Kizmet311

The overall market has dropped further. Actually, tumbled. Only one album released in 2014 sold more than half a million copies.

Which album is that? I'm just curious as I haven't been keeping up with sales really. Do you mean a half million in the first week or total to date?

Burst

Which album is that? I'm just curious as I haven't been keeping up with sales really. Do you mean a half million in the first week or total to date?

Some Hearts sold more than Blown Away this week by a very small amount.
I think he means total to date but I don't even know which album has sold that much that year (Beyonce/Frozen were both released last year so..)

clh_hilary

Eric Church, in total. The first and only album released in 2014 to cross 500,000 copies sold.

lolita55

What I didn't fancy too much about it was that it felt very sugar-coated. It doesn't feel 'authentic' if you know what I mean. All of her latter albums feel more like actual bodies of work.

Yes they do feel ay more authentic.. I think SH was throw together in less than 2 months though.. I think the record label wanted one out there as fast as possible..