Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album/Track Sales, Week 49, Blown Away Era

nccountrygal

Boy American Idol did not help Carrie at all! I thought she would get a bump?? Bummer.

Carrie is still selling 10,000 or so a week after almost a year so she is doing just fine. She sold more than Tim and his album just came out a month ago. Also, Taylor only sold 4,000 more albums than Carrie this week and the majority of her sales are from pop.

teesharky

Yes but the point is she had a high profile performance, PEople Magazine, and she still got no bump. That is alot of promo for no sales bump.

Manchs

Yes but the point is she had a high profile performance, PEople Magazine, and she still got no bump. That is alot of promo for no sales bump.

Magazines don't sell albums. And as I said a few posts above, last week we had Easter. Her album sold 9k two weeks ago, so if anything, without the Easter bump, Blown Away would have sold even less than 9k last week and it managed to sell 10.2k this week. American Idol also stopped being a big sales booster ages ago. Both Carrie and Blown Away are fine.

tgbrinker

Because she was just on American Idol and ACMs just less than a week ago as well as PEOPLE, her extra promotion from last week should hopefully "carry" over into next week's sales as well.

As long as Carrie is a babe (forever) and sings better than 99% of the world (forever, fingers crossed), she'll be just fine!

DaisyTweets

Well where I live the new People magazine isn't available until Fridays so that meant 1 possibly 2 days of the magazine being on the shelf. I hardly think that's enough time to impact sales for last week but this week I think we'll hopefully see the impact.

The fact that Red only sold 4k more copies made me pretty happy! Her album is almost 6 months newer than Carries (and shes taylor and always sells like crazy). I think we should take this as a pretty good week! :)

utlovescarrie

Off topic - but has anyone bought Brad's new cd? I listened to a couple of the clips and to be honest I laughed at the married man died one. I haven't decided if I am going to buy it but I did download Accidental Racist and I am in LOVE with this song.

clh_hilary

1. American Idol had helped the sales of Blown Away. Last week was Easter week! So supposedly she would have a major sales decrease this week which she didn't get.

2. The impact of the ACMs will definitely be felt only next chart week.

3. Taylor Swift's Red has a way higher accumulative sales than BA so I honestly don't see anything shameful about its sales. But on the other hand, her current single, 22, is shaping to be a single like Ke$ha's C'Mon from Warrior, which did nothing to both single & album sales, and underperformed on radio. In fact, Swift's is looking to suddenly flop now.

On the topic of magazines, they definitely don't move significant units. But Manch, keep in mind this is Carriefans.com and people look at the smallest things. Didn't someone say because she had an Oley commercial on the back of magazines ​BA would've opened with 400-500k copies?

clh_hilary

Top-Selling Country Albums, First-Quarter 2013
1) Taylor Swift Red 464,000
2) Luke Bryan Spring Break . . . Here to Party 286,000
3) Florida Georgia LineHere’s to the Good Times 276,000
4) Tim McGrawTwo Lanes of Freedom 251,000
5) Gary Allan Set You Free 251,000
6) Little Big Town Tornado 204,000
7) Blake Shelton Based on a True Story . . . 199,000
8) Hunter HayesHunter Hayes 198,000
9) Jason AldeanNight Train 188,000
10) Carrie Underwood Blown Away 174,000

Top-Selling Country Digital Songs, First-Quarter 2013
1) Blake Shelton “Sure Be Cool If You Did” 779,000
2) Hunter Hayes “Wanted” 660,000
3) The Band Perry “Better Dig Two” 656,000
4) Florida Georgia Line featuring Nelly—“Cruise (Remix)” 624,000
5) Gary Allan “Every Storm (Runs out of Rain)” 519,000
6) Tim McGraw “One of Those Nights” 456,000
7) Carrie Underwood “Two Black Cadillacs” 455,000
8) Darius Rucker “Wagon Wheel” 447,000
9) Taylor Swift “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” 447,000
10) Miranda Lambert “Mama’s Broken Heart” 442,000

Marv

Ratings-wise, AI isn't the ratings powerhouse that it has been; it was replaced by NBC's Sunday football telecasts as the #1 show on TV after 8 years in the penthouse last year, thanks to last year's finale which plummeted 27% from the previous season.

Granted that #2 finish last year was nothing to sneeze at, and while the Wednesday & Thursday editions will both finish in the top ten this year, neither will crack the top five.

NCIS will finish #1 in the TV ratings race this year, and has been the most-watched drama for the past four years.

For this season, the Thursday night edition has been getting shellacked all season long by TV's hottest show, 'The Big Bang Theory' (usuallly 3,000,000 fewer viewers), and 'Person Of Interest'.

The Wednesday edition does better in the ratings against much weaker competition, excluding ABC's ratings godzilla 'Modern Family'.

AI obviously isn't going anywhere; it's still a much cheaper show to produce than a one-hour drama since as 'Person Of Interest' or 'CSI', which will return for its fourteenth season in September.

Pi314CA

Carrie track sales published thus far:

TBC 31,000 ... total = 660,000
BA 26,000 ... total = 2,061,000

teesharky

So what abput Cowboy Casanova? Surely it sold 2000 copies in the last three weeks? Why wasnt it certified with BA?