Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the Golden Globes Mean for This Year’s Oscar Race (Carrie Mention)

Gator

January 17, 2011, 10:00 AM ET

Based on the results of last night’s Golden Globes ceremony, a few candidates have jumped into the lead for the coming Oscars.
Nine Inch Nails rocker Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have a great shot at nabbing a nomination for their score for “The Social Network,” judging by their win last night. Improbably, “Burlesque,” the Christina Aguilera/Cher vehicle that was panned by many critics, could pick up a nod or a win for best song. (Dianne Warren’s “Burlesque” tune “You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me” won a Golden Globe last night.) But don’t count out “There’s A Place for Us,” the theme song for “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader,” co-written by Carrie Underwood. And “Country Strong’s” songs deserve a shot too.

Article continues: What the Golden Globes Mean for This Year's Oscar Race - Speakeasy - WSJ

Personally, I LOVE this "hopeful" blog. Of course, I admit, I am biased! :)

Jade_kt

Well if she is nominated I hope they show her once in the audience. Otherwise I think people on here will have a cow....lol.

Claire2004

Yes, I'm anxiously waiting for the announcement of the Oscar noms. I'm hoping for a nomination; imagine the kind of buzz that would create for Carrie. :)

cpeTN89

It will be so incredible for Carrie to get an Oscar nomination. Also, If she does then TAPFU will be performed. Not sure if it will be her that would perform it or someone else. But nonetheless, if her song is being performed she will most definitely get more Camera time than the Globes.

Jade_kt

If she gets nominated, which would be thrilling, I hope she gets to take Mike w/ her. When is the Oscar's anyways and does Mike have a game around that time frame?

jptexas

If she got a GG nod, then she's very likely to get an Oscar nod also. The competition is stiff, but you never know.

Oscar winner Carrie Underwood. Has a nice ring to it.

undrwood9098

How funny (and awesome, of course) would it be if Carrie totally skipped over the Critic's Choice and the GGs and took the Oscar?! :D

I'm thinking way too far ahead, lol. I'm going to cross my fingers for the nomination first, and then I'll worry about what happens after that :)

epicamends

I'm trying not to think too much about the Oscars, but I can't help but hope for a nomination. It would be amazing. The thing with the Globes is that I totally was not expecting a nomination at all, so when it was first announced it was such an unexpected, thrilling surprise.

pklongbeach

I don't think I would have held out hope but if insiders who follow the globes think there is a chance, than I am 100% in the camp.
Carrie nominated for a........I can't even type it.
Now they have me dreaming!
Again, much like the GG's I would enjoy the Oscars so much more if Carrie were there.

teesharky

The nice thing about the Oscars is that they have traditional seating, not that packed together mess they had at the Globes. So if Carrie were somehow nominated, she would likely be shown in the crowd, hopefully.

cassie2

Staff member
Hopefully Carrie will indeed receive a nomination and this year the production will return to having the original songs performed during the show! Can you imagine the great honor that would be for Our Carrie!!!